13 | real and unreal ghosts

The brunette had completely forgotten that she and Sam had a plan.

"What was that again? You have nothing to worry about?", Josie grumbled at him knowingly.

"That's your fault, you called me a macho man and lured her in!", retorted Dean angrily.

"It only was the truth!"

Nervously, he rummaged the salt out of the Impala which was parked next to the Charger and hurriedly made his way to his room, where he drew a line of salt in front of the door. He would be safe that way for the time being, but then he heard a crackle behind the ventilation grille.

"Sam!", he yelled, looking uncertainly at the grate, "Please tell me we have rats for once."

Josie, meanwhile, had joined Sam in the library. He grinned and deceitfully played with a screwdriver.

"How did you manage that rattle in the vent?", she inquired.

"I taped a chip bag in front of the fan", he replied proudly, and Josie tried to suppress her giggles.

"What are you guys sitting around for? We have a ghost in the bunker", Dean remarked, daring to come out of his safe hiding place after all

"Well we have nothing to worry about, and you can handle her on your own", Sam said unconcernedly, quickly putting the tool in his pocket before his brother could see it.

"I thought you said worse things have tried to kill you. A ghost should be a piece of cake for you", Josie taunted him as well.

Murmuring he pocketed a couple of iron nails and took off again.

"I didn't think he'd actually be scared, I mean it's our job to kill ghosts", Sam marveled, turning to Josie.

"But it's different when you're the victim. And on top of that, he feels guilty. Maybe we'll make him believe that she'll go away when he betters himself the huntress reasoned, and shortly after delivered her hunch to him.

*

The hunter took this to heart in the days that followed and was a changed man. He cooked for the small community, waited on Josie when she relaxed in her room, and even prepared her a candlelit bath because he found tea lights while cleaning up.

 He cooked for the small community, waited on Josie when she relaxed in her room, and even prepared her a candlelit bath because he found tea lights while cleaning up