26 | bad jokes

Dejected, the fake FBI agents made their way back. Dean put his jacket in the back seat and loosened his tie. Wistfully, Josie looked over to him, suppressing the urge to reach out and undo a few extra buttons.

Restlessly, she sat on her hands and gazed fixedly through the windshield. Dean, on the other hand, had resigned himself to being stuck in the friend zone and didn't even respond to her restrained behavior.

Unwaveringly he steered the Chevrolet back home. But this case gave him no peace, and so he continued his research throughout half the night. 

Early in the morning, Josie went to get something to drink from the kitchen when she found Dean dozing on the table. With tired eyes, he blinked and yawned extensively.

"Coffee my little raccoon?", she grinned and prepared two cups

"Raccoon?", he repeated.

"Your dark circles... man you should get some sleep instead of watching porn all night", she teased him and handed him his coffee.

"I wish it was porn, but I'm onto something else here."

He slid away from the table a bit and looked at her prompting her to read through the report. Hesitantly, she took a seat on his lap and read through the newspaper articles carefully.

Satisfied that she was still allowing closeness after his confession, he leaned his cheek against her back and relaxed, closing his eyes. She was still warm, having just crawled out of bed. He, on the other hand, was sleepy and therefore slightly cold. So warming himself on her suited him just fine.

"This looks more like a case for the real FBI to me, though. It could be a drug ring, you're not seriously going to go 'cop' on that? Dean, there are professionals for that", she spoke after reading through everything.

"We're professionals, and these drug dealers are basically just a bunch of guys sneaking around houses at night", he defended himself.

Slightly she turned to the side and, for better support, put an arm around his shoulders.

"But they're people, we can't just kill them like they're monsters, and if we're out of luck, our cover gets blown and they'll kill us!", she doubted, slightly worried.

"Then we should not get caught", he smirked confidently.