56. Honeysuckles

Axl:

"Who called in these media people?" I asked my assistant as our car halted in front of the hospital where we were met with a dozen journalists. The entire journey from the shooting range to the hospital was filled with my mind going down into a spiral of worry for her. I just wanted her to be okay and I wanted to see that for myself. The last thing I needed in a situation like this was the paparazzi.

"I... I don't know. I will handle them. You go in." He said before me and my bodyguard Earl got out of the car and he guided me through the crowd into the hospital.

As we entered the hospital I saw the eyes of the staff and many patients in the lobby turn towards me. Ignoring it I rushed towards the front desk.

"Nadia Irene Deal." I blurted out her name as my fingers nervously tapped on the desk. It almost reminded me of that time years back when I thought she had been in an accident. I won't ever forget that day. Other than getting an understanding of how much I loved her unknown to myself that was the day when she told me she loved me, for the first time, though as it turns out, later she would say she didn't mean any of that crap.

The only difference was I knew this time she was actually in there unlike then. All I could pray for was please let her be alright. Just let her be safe.

"Upstairs. Room number 242." The nurse said carelessly.

"She is alright. Right?" I asked the worry clear in my tone.

The woman gave me a strange look before looking around in search of someone who could answer me.

"Forget it." I said quickly as I rushed towards the elevator with Earl on the trail. With every second that passed, I felt my heart rate starting to increase. I need to see her for myself. I had to make sure she was alright.

I marched out of the elevator before anxiously looking around for the room. What was the room number? I thought almost getting frustrated with how my brain behaved in situations like this before pretty much trying to open every random door I saw and closing them behind after hearing screams and realizing she wasn't inside.

"Boss it's 242." Earl said calmly as he saw me start to behave like a man who was starting to lose his sanity.

Nodding I looked around realizing that it was the room adjacent to the one I was about to open. Quickly shifting a few steps ahead I pulled open the door quickly.

As soon as I opened the door I could hear her sobs. Looking towards the bed I saw her seated on the bed as tears streamed down her cheeks as she tried to contain her cries.

"Look it's alri...." I saw a man in his late forties seated beside her. He stopped talking as he noticed me.

Feeling my presence she turned towards the door with tear stricken face. It was almost like upon seeing me the sobs intensified though physically she looked fine. I let out a sigh of relief, at least she wasn't hurt physically.

"A-Ax..." Her voice cracked followed by more tears. I nipped at my lips as a fusion of perplexity, relief, and fear at the same time took hold of me upon seeing her tears. It wasn't pain that filled me upon seeing her tears, it was rather the desire to make those tears stop. An urge to make things alright for her as quickly as I could.

I took steps towards her as my eyes locked with hers. The term 'shock' would be an understatement of what I felt as she tightly wrapped her arms around me and sobbed into my chest as I neared the bed. I always felt hesitant about touching her ever since she left me but not now. She needed me now. I let one arm wrap around her waist while the other inadvertently went to the back of her head trying to comfort her.