With or Without You-II

Nadia:

"You know you can stay with me and Kate for the night if you don't feel like going home."

She was leaning against the doors of one of the stalls as I washed my face. I had to look slightly normal to go back into the office and get my things. Felix went out to meet a client and said he won't be coming back for the day so Evie suggested that we can also leave.

"Nah, I got a room." I replied with a shrug before closing the tap and reached for the paper towels. "Besides, Kate will be there..."

"Why do you hate her or have some problem with her?" She raised an eyebrow at my sentence.

"No!" I exclaimed, slightly taken back, "It's I just prefer to be alo—"

alone

"Where you staying?" She cut me off with a stern voice as I stared back between her reflection and my tear stained one that had fully turned red at this point.

"It's this tiny one near the skid row."

It wasn't a place I preferred, but it was nearly impossible to get a good one with no pre confirmation during this time of the year.

"That's it." She sighed. "You're coming with me. I don't wanna wake up tomorrow and read on the paper: Young lawyer found dead in downtown; Drug deal gone wrong."

That made me chuckle. "No, it's fine."

"You can go wherever the fuck you want, dude. But tomorrow. Tonight you're coming with me. Now shh!" she said with a huff.

I smiled a little before realizing that I probably didn't want to be alone, considering how quick I was in changing my mind.

"Do I look like I've been crying?" I asked her, turning around, pointing to my face. Watching her lips forge into a thin line and eyebrows turn into a frown.

"I will call Kate and get your bag. You go to the lobby and wai—Talk to the woman who is probably still waiting for you."

God, I looked awful; I thought before nodding.

It was probably some credit card people. That's what I thought before I made my way downstairs, hoping to not run into any familiar faces as I went down to where we swiped our IDs when we entered. To where the security guards were stationed and beyond which outsiders couldn't enter.

I looked for some women dressed in formals like I usually wear as I looked around the lobby that was filled with green and white balloons and rainbow streamers taped against the glass walls elegantly. The table used by the security guard too was decorated and had stickers of shamrock and the Irish flag and a barely audible version of U2's (God do I hate this band.), with or without you, was playing.

Then I saw her.

"Hi, Amy." I sighed, looking at the girl that stood in front of me. My mind wandered. Thinking of every reason she could be here. All of those reasons led to one person.

"Hey," she replied with a weak smile before looking around at the floor, which was barely crowded right now, unlike mornings and evenings. "Are you busy right now?" She asked,

"I've a few minutes," I shrugged, not wanting to explain to her I was about to leave, thanks to Felix, not wanting to see my face. I have a few more minutes.

"I won't take much time. I just want to talk about—"

"If it's about Axl, then I don't think we've anything to talk about."

Nope.

Not going down that path.

"Look, he hasn't been returning my calls and that arrest last week and... It's like he has fucking lost it!" She exclaimed, letting out a groan, in the end, signifying frustration over her brother.