43. LA Woman

January, 1991

Nadia:

My eyes shot open as the sound of my morning 6 O'clock alarm started to resonate across our room.

"Babe turn it off." I heard him complain in a muffled voice as he snuggled closer to my naked body, burying his face against my chest.

"Sorry-sorry," I mumbled quickly with half-open eyes before my hand reached towards the bedside table and stumbled around the table for my alarm clock before switching it off finally. Peace.

Plopping myself up a little on my elbow I leaned against the headboard wrapping one arm around him while the other combed through his long locks.

Thinking about the long day ahead only made me want to fall back on the bed and go to sleep again and wake up only after it was way past noon. I kinda miss those times. Unlike now where even on weekends I have to wake up at least by nine.

Realizing that if I sit here I am gonna be sitting here all day long, I tried to untangle myself from him. Trying my best to not wake him up again, only he was quicker and tightened the grip around me.

"Don't go. You are cuddly." He protested not lifting his head off my chest. Gripping at a fistful of his hair softly I turned his head that I could now see his face.

"I have to go to work man." I laughed

"Well take a day off." He reasoned as I let my fingers trace his features and from his forehead brushing away the few strands of hair that fell over his eyes.

"You know I can't do that Nikki," I replied cupping his face in my hands.

"I have a show tomorrow night in Milan but I came all the way here to LA since I had a day off to spend it with you. Instead of staying there with Mick and Vince. And you are going to 'work', leaving me all alone." He said dramatically placing his hand over his chest and his face scrunching up in dissatisfaction over the word 'work'.

"Well who asked you to come today dumbass, that too when the tour ends in 4 days?" I cocked an eyebrow pressing my lips into a thin line.

"This is what I get for missing my girlfriend. I get called a 'dumbass'. Poor me." He pouted while I refrained from bursting into laughter.

"Yeah, poor you," I said pulling his face forward that our lips met. We have been together for about three years now. And things are going FUCKING AMAZING. He knows me and I know him. Which means No drama. It feels good to finally be in one where there is no drama after over a decade.

I pulled back once I started feeling his hands roam towards certain parts of my body.

"I love you but I have to go now." I chuckled pushing him off of me and heading towards the bathroom as he said something along the line of at least taking a half-day off.

o0o

Since today was Friday we could wear semi-casuals. This basically means the same formal outfits except no need for a blazer. I put on a pair of black slim pants and a white blouse, leaving my hair open after giving it a slight brush.

When I came out of the bathroom he was nowhere to be seen in the room. The bed was made, weird. Walking down the stairs looking through the walls beside the stairs which were adorned with multi-platinum albums and guitars and basses I made it to the kitchen to see him pouring some black coffee into two cups as he kept on reading some magazine not taking his eyes off of it. He pretty much-made half of our breakfast I can say. Something is off... why is he being so responsible and nice suddenly?