Chapter 6 - You Like Him

I love this chapter 🤭 I hope you all do too.

Don't forget to vote and comment! Enjoy ❤️

Two weeks had passed since the last exciting thing in my life - the little meeting with Mr Alvarez in the principal's office

So far our parents hadn't an inkling of what happened at the school. My siblings were working hard to keep it from them though.

I did my duty as a sister and tried to get Nora out of it by calling the principal too, but the moment she heard my voice she hung up the phone.

This bitch was determined to speak to my parents just to make sure Nora didn't turn into me, or just to make us suffer I guess.

But, ever since then things had settled back into a natural routine. I was either at work or with my siblings. I wouldn't say I enjoyed how monotonous my life was, but I guess I was comfortable that way.

I was never really one to go outside of my comfort zone. Although, I would definitely preach about pulling your big girl panties on and doing something different for a change.

But I liked to do what I was good at and that was anything related to the gym. I felt comfortable there, like I knew what I was doing and I didn't need to ask for help.

But working at the gym also meant I had to stay late sometimes to lock up, something that was also well within my comfort zone.

That particular evening I chose to work out first, which is why I was standing there in shorts and a sports bra when he turned up, leaving me a stuttering mess.

"W-what are you...h-how-"

"Calm down sweetheart." His thick Spanish caused my mouth to run dry. I watched him lean against the pillar smirking while his eyes scanned my exposed skin.

The same freaking smirk that sent me into a panicked frenzy two weeks ago in the school parking lot.
Even now I just stood there like an idiot while he remained entirely relaxed and amused.

"Are you stalking me?" I finally forced out a sentence hoping it came out as confident as I wished to appear.

"Stalking you?" With a raised brow he pushed himself off the pillar, amusement dancing in his eyes. "Of course not. But, if this is the third time that we're meeting then I'm guessing that maybe...it's fate."

"Fate?" A scoff left my mouth as he came towards me. "Do you believe in fate?"

My question caused his smirk to falter. "I don't know. I guess I'm yet to decide."

Ending the conversation there, I turned back to the gloves I was cleaning only so that I didn't have to face him any longer. I only had a few pairs left to do before I could finally go home.

"I'm looking for Alex. Have you seen him?"

"Alex? How do you know him?" Maybe I sounded a little nosey, but I didn't know that Alex and Mr Man knew each other.