Chapter 39 - Yeppy

This chapter is so cute 🥹 Ready to meet high Izzy?

Also can you guys comment more? 🥺 Please and thank you 🤭

Enjoy!

"¿Pero por qué?" (But why?)

Just stay calm.

"Porque me gustan, Abuela."(Because I like them, Grandma)

"Pero te lastimaron. ¿Por qué te gusta que alguien te meta una aguja en la piel?" (But they hurt you. Why do you like someone sticking a needle into your skin?)

You can't shout at old people.

"Me gusta el dolor." (I like the pain.)

"Pero cuando llegues a la edad de tu Abuelo, se verán horribles." (But when you get to your Abuelo's age, they're going to look awful.)

"I'll probably be dead before then."

I muttered my reply with no intention of letting anyone hear it, but the Alvarez family had ears like hawks.

"Roman! That's not a nice thing to say. Apologise to your Abuela." My father glared at me from across the living room, pointing towards his smug elderly mother next to me.

She still loved getting me in trouble, even if we were much closer now.

"Abuela, I'm sorry-" I gave her an overly fake smile before continuing. "-that you don't know when to stop asking me questions."

"And I'm sorry that you're going to look like a tattooed raisin in sixty years."

Damn, she didn't hold back.

My grandmother's comeback caused a round of laughter throughout the room from the rest of our family. The sound caused little Churro to let out a string of barks, running in circles in the centre of the living room. The new collar with a little bell was jingling as he ran, making me want to pound my head against a wall.

I somehow managed not to laugh at my grandmother's retort, but I couldn't stop the traitorous smile that made its way onto my face.

At the same time, the doorbell rang indicating our guests for the evening were here.

"Don't make any comments like that in front of Izzy and her family. Please, Abuela."

My parents got up to answer the door while I was busy begging my grandmother to have mercy on me.

"Hm." She gave me a smirk - a devious smirk that scared the hell out of me. "What are you going to do for me in return, Roman?"

"What do you want?" The sounds of voices from the hallway trailed into the living room where the two of us were still sitting.

"I want you to take me shopping."