Chapter 29 - I'm Still Being a Pussy

Guys!! I love this chapter 🥹

It's definitely got a happier tone - sort of.

We get to see more of Maisie and there's some huge developments for Roman too!

Enjoy, don't forget to vote and comment ❤️

I've spent three weeks with Maisie in San Francisco so far

When I told her everything that happened she listened quietly, only asking a few questions here and there before she gave me her input.

Her input could be summarised into two points - she absolutely hated Roman, and she gave me the all famous 'I told you so' when it came to Alex. She's hated him since the day they first met.

I obviously didn't tell her they're part of a cartel that runs in Roman's family - instead I said they're shady and I left it at that. But, even that was enough for her to claim she was fired up enough to cut Roman's ding dong off and forced feed it to Alex. So now imagine if she knew the entire truth.

It was hard to reminisce about things like when we cooked together and when he threw my toothbrush in the toilet or when he came with me to my brother's football game. But at the same time it was also nice to think back to the good memories we had, even if I was crying the whole time.

It was the little things like how he took care of me when I was drunk at the club and then my house. Or, when he took me out to dinner before Elías's birthday party. Even when we just talked at night about the stupidest things. Remembering them reminded me that he wasn't all bad, that even though I was so, so mad at him, he was still in there somewhere.

Yes he lied and he had a hell of a lot to account for and explain, but I guess allowing myself to remember the good stuff helped me to realise he still had good in him too.

Once I told her the whole story, Maisie made a clear plan of how we would spend the upcoming weeks. Since we didn't know how long I was staying, we decided to cry for the first week and mourn my little baby first since that was the most important.

Well, I cried for the entire week, she cried for a few minutes and then spent the rest of the week comforting me. We spent so much time talking about it, because that's all I wanted to do. I wanted someone to remember my baby with me.

When I was hysterical and crying at the park a few days after the miscarriage, I told Roman people would eventually move on and forget our baby as time passed. That was exactly what happened.

It felt like I was the only one in the world who still missed my baby, even though in reality I probably wasn't. But that's how it felt.

So she let me talk about it. We also planted a little flower for my baby since that's all I could think of as a memorial, not that it made much sense since I didn't live here. But that didn't matter at the time.