Chapter 7 - What's In The Box?

The picture kind of gives away what's in the box, but oh well.

I hope you all love this chapter! Don't forget to vote and comment to let me know what you think of them 😍

I pulled into the school parking lot, exhaling a breath of relief when I didn't see his black Porsche.

It's not that I didn't want to see him, I just...well...I guess I didn't want to see him.

Before Roman started appearing in my life I was so comfortable. It was rare I ever found myself blushing or stuttering or not knowing what to say next. He's just come and thrown everything into chaos. Now it seems like I'm regularly mortified about one thing or another, somehow being thrown out of my comfort zone even in the comfort of my own gym.

This is why I just decided I didn't want to date anymore. I'm so happy without men in my life.

No stress, no blushing, no crying, just vibes.

Well, as vibey as you can get going between work and home everyday.

Heading inside the school through the first set of doors, I saw there was no one at the reception desk to buzz me through the second set.

I spent a few minutes waiting for the receptionist to come back so that she could let me in and I could go and sign the stupid form in the Principal's office. For some reason this school requires students to be signed out of detention by a parent or guardian. Why? I had no idea. Maybe to prolong the torture of the detention?

The blonde receptionist finally reappeared with a cup of coffee in one hand and a bagel in the other. She just stood there staring at me completely clueless as if she had no idea why I would be in the waiting area.

"Can I help you?" Her unnecessarily bitchy tone caused me to narrow my eyes, deciding to ditch any pleasantries that I would have otherwise used. "Can you let me in? I'm here to sign my sister out of detention."

Even when I spoke, she still just stood there staring at me with a judgmental expression, her eyes lingering on my gym leggings and sneakers in disgust.

The way she looked at me was as if I was something she found on the bottom of her shoe.

"You heard her." A cold voice suddenly broke her stare away from me and her eyes shifted towards Roman who now stood next to me.

"And you are?" Her tone softened as her gaze focused on the intimidating Latino. "Not going to tell you again. Open the door."

This man is going doing things to me that I never knew could be done.

He must have given her some kind of look which I didn't see, because she very quickly averted her gaze and pressed the button to unlock the door.