Chapter 8 - A Hint Of Sass

Thank you all for your support on this story so far!

I hope you love this chapter ❤️

Well that was easy.

"I won?" I gave him a frown and he laughed. "I guess you did, yeah."

"You're not even going to try and argue? If I said something like that to Nora or my brother Cristian, they wouldn't shut up until I let them win."

"Trust me, I know the feeling."

Maybe he had annoying younger siblings that made him want to die too?

What if we died together and became ghost buddies?

"Catalina, she's your niece, right?" He nodded and leaned back comfortably into the pillows. "Yeah, she's my niece - my sister's kid."

"Oh, you have a sister?"

"Two sisters and two brothers..." His words faltered for a moment then he released a sigh. "They're my adoptive siblings."

He's adopted? Aw.

"That's so cute." The words accidentally slipped out and he gave me a weird look causing a blush to rise up on my cheeks. "Sorry, that sounded weird. I just mean...well I don't really know what I mean, it's just cute, I guess?"

His weird look soon morphed into an amused one while I continued to dig myself into a deeper hole. "There's no need to ramble, it's okay."

"Tell me about your family."

Surprisingly he didn't seem to mind talking about his family. He explained that his older sister had a baby when she was 16 years old, which was Catalina.

After him at 26 years old, he had two brothers but he only got on with the youngest of the two. Finally there was his youngest sister who he said was his closest sibling of the four.

"So you have four siblings, and Alex is your best friend, right?" He nodded as he reached over to take my hand. He rested it on his stomach so he could fiddle with my charm bracelet absentmindedly. "Yeah, I guess he's like my brother too. His father is best friends with mine so we grew up together. Was this a gift?"

I followed his gaze towards the Pandora bracelet on my wrist. He was busy admiring the charm that looked like a boxing glove.

"Yeah, my grandad gave it to me as a graduation present." Sensing the sadness in my tone, his eyes lifted towards mine.