Chapter 37 - Churro

Sorry for the delay! Enjoy this chapter 🥰 Don't forget to vote and comment! ❤️

Wrong.

Absolutely wrong.

That same day everything went to shit.

Roman and I left the fertility clinic feeling closer and happier than ever before. It felt like a huge weight had been lifted off our relationship now that we knew we shouldn't be having any obvious problems when trying to conceive.

But then the rest of the problems we faced hit us like a tonne of bricks.

Since I didn't bring my car, Roman first drove me to my appointment at the dress shop so I could get measured in time to make an actual appointment to find a dress.

He decided to make some business phone calls while I was inside. But those phone calls continued for the next half an hour after I got back in the car. During that time we were stuck in traffic getting from the dress shop to my gym in downtown LA.

His mood went from bad to worse in that time while he argued in Spanish with many, many different people. From what I understood, a drug deal in Puerto Rico had gone completely wrong. The guys shifted the whole shipment for the wrong price and so Roman lost out on a hell of a lot of profit.

Now he's trying to find out what went wrong and how he can recover that money which he needs for the next cycle of shipments to Europe.

"Can I ask you a question?" We were moving slowly in the rush hour traffic when he got off the latest phone call. He was already about to dial someone else.

"What?"

"Why do you need the money from this shipment in Puerto Rico for the shipments in Europe? Can't you just use different money?" I was genuinely confused about that. But when I said it out loud, I felt like I was asking him a really stupid question.

He wasn't in the mood to be answering my stupid questions. He should have been back at his desk sorting all these problems with Alex and Lucero right by his side. But,  instead he was in the car driving me to and from my different appointments.

"You don't keep injecting cash, that's how you lose money. The cycle should all be self-sufficient. The money generated in one sale funds the next one. That's including the production of the drugs or weapons, the packaging, and the shipping. When problems like this happen, that's when shit starts to fall apart."

He muttered the last part more to himself as he dialled another number, putting his phone down to talk on the hands free feature on his Porsche.

We didn't talk again for the rest of the ride and I barely caught his attention when I got out of the car to go inside the gym. From where I was standing in the gym, I could still see his glossy black Porsche outside where he was waiting for me.