Chapter 44 - Izzy and Roman Against the World

This is a long chapter, so be prepared 🥹

I hope you all enjoy it! Thank you for reading ❤️

Hours passed and I couldn't sleep a wink.

Every time I closed my eyes I could just see that look on his face. It was like I physically hurt him by kicking him out of our room. He seemed to snap out of his anger and he tried to convince me to just talk it out with him and communicate. But I didn't want to hear it.

I know our track record doesn't necessarily agree, but Roman and I weren't a couple that argued. Yes, we'd had some disagreements like other couples, but we didn't intentionally hurt each other. And as much as I was angry at him, I hated the thought of him being hurt over something I said or did.

This wasn't how our first night together after two months should have been.

Around 2am, I kicked away the bed sheets, getting out of the bed in the master bedroom. Churro and Mr Snuggles were fast asleep so I tip toed out of the room and down the hall to the guest room I knew he was in.

Roman spared no expense when he bought this house which meant my footsteps didn't creak and the door didn't squeak when I opened it.

I quietly approached the bed where he lay in the dark room. Despite my quiet entry, he already knew I was there. He shuffled over and pulled back the covers for me.

I got in the bed next to him and he covered me with the duvet, enveloping me in his scent and warmth as he came up behind me. He wrapped an arm around my waist from behind and pulled my body tight against his.

"Are you okay?" I felt his warm breath against my neck.

I read once in a bridal magazine that marriages survive if you tell your spouse how you feel. This seemed like the perfect opportunity.

"No."

"Tell me what's wrong." He already knew, but he was giving me the opportunity to say it again. He was encouraging me to open up to him.

Maybe he read the same bridal magazine that talked about communication?

"I'm sad and frustrated because it's our first night together in two months and everything has just gone to shit. And I'm angry because of what you said and the fact you didn't call." I could tell he was about to speak, but I added one more thing, albeit with a more petulant tone. "And I guess I feel bad for how I spoke to you."

He paused for a second and then released a breath. "Turn over, Izzy."

He didn't give me much choice before he started turning me over himself so that I was now facing him.