Chapter 40 - Welcome To The Family

It's the wedding day 🥹 My babies are getting married 🥺

I hope you enjoy! Don't forget to vote and comment ❤️

"Stop checking your phone."

Nora dropped down on the couch beside me, placing another bottle of wine on the coffee table. She wasn't drinking since she was too young and wasn't into wine, but my mom and I were definitely enjoying it.

"But he hasn't texted. He said he would text."

"Izzy, he's having a few drinks with his brothers and his best friend before your wedding tomorrow. Just relax, when he gets home he'll text you." Cristian was the one to try and calm my nerves as he poured some wine into my empty glass.

"Yeah, they're not even having a real bachelor party so you don't have to worry. There won't even be any strippers." That wasn't even on my mind until my little sister decided to put the thought in my head.

"I'm not worried about that. I'm just worried that...he might change his mind."

It was kind of stupid considering he told me he loved me only a few hours ago when we said goodbye until we met at the altar. But I guess now that we weren't allowed to see each other, it was all out of my control and I was scared. I was so close to marrying my best friend and the love of my life tomorrow, but it could all be taken away just like it was last time when I found about him and Alex at the gym.

We were so close to happiness and it all fell apart.

"It'll be okay, Izzy. Just relax and drink your wine. We can have some fun before you get an early night."

Since the wedding ceremony was at 3pm, I had to be up super early to go and get ready at the hotel where we were having the wedding. Roman and I would be staying in a suite for the night after all the party. I think everyone else would get rooms too, but I didn't care about their plans on my wedding night.

The plan was to get through the ceremony and reception and then Drunk Izzy was coming to the party.

"Fine." I let out a breath, taking a sip of my wine just as our parents came into the living room.

This was my 'bachelorette party'. Watching a movie with my family all together.

It was lit.

It wasn't exactly the bachelorette party of dreams, but it was what I wanted. This was the last night I was staying at my parents' house and tomorrow I would become Mrs Alvarez.

After the long journey our family had taken to heal, I just wanted to spend one more night with them as Isadora Visente.

"Wait, before we start I want to get a beer." Cristian stood to his feet but he was stopped in his tracks by my mother's voice.

"No."

"But mom, I-"

"You might drink at college parties but you're not drinking under our roof. Especially not the night before your sister's wedding." She sent him a stern look that had him glaring back at her. "Stop pouting and get a lemonade or something."