Chapter 51 - Maybe Baby

I love this chapter.
P.S. Look out for high Roman at the end 🥹🦆

Thank for your reading! Don't forget to vote and comment ❤️

"Roman..."

The distress and anguish in her voice had my head immediately snapping up from the document displayed on my laptop screen.

She was sitting up in the bed gripping the sheets; the expression on her face shattered my heart. The day she was attacked in the gym I felt a sickness and an anxiety that I'd never felt before. I did everything I could possibly do so that I would never feel it again, but it hit me overwhelmingly in that moment.

She looked traumatised, defeated and utterly heartbroken all at the same time. Her tearful eyes held levels of panic and fear I'd never seen on her before.

She weakly held her hand out towards me, watching me as I put my laptop down, going over to the bed. I took her hand and she shuffled across to give me space.

She released a sob as soon as I got in the bed next to her, hiding her face in my chest.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, Roman. I'm not mad at you anymore, I promise. Please don't leave me. Don't ever leave me. I can't do this without you." She spoke through her body-racking sobs, clutching my hoodie in her fists.

I placed my hand on the back of her head, holding her into me.

"Shhh, mi amor." (My love.) I held her in my arms, feeling every ounce of pain that was so audible in her cries. "Don't cry, my darling. Shh, estoy aquí, no voy a ir a ningún lado." (I'm right here, I'm not going anywhere).

Izzy continued to cry and cry in my arms and I had no clue what caused it. I had no idea what kind of nightmare she had that made her react like this. I had no idea what she saw to spook her so bad and it scared the freaking hell out of me.

Her cries were full of sorrow and grief and it inevitably made tears well up in my own eyes.

"Don't leave me, Roman. I'm sorry. I need you." She just kept saying things like this, barely able to take a breath as she sobbed in my arms.

All I could do was hold her, whispering as much as I could to calm her. I stroked her hair, I wiped away her tears, I kissed her forehead and her temple, I rubbed her back. I did everything I could.

But it wasn't enough.

It just wasn't enough.

A few stray tears fell from my eyes as I listened to her heart wrenching cries. I didn't stop whispering to her, doing my best to calm her down with gentle caresses.

It was only when she slowly but surely became tired that her cries began to slow. Her tears still fell and she continued to sniffle, struggling to catch her breath.