Epilogue

I can't believe the epilogue is published 🥺 I remember when I first started writing story this two years ago!

I'm going to mark the story as complete, but there will be bonus content coming soon so keep an eye out! The bonus chapters are all about Izzy and Roman's child and the rest of the Alvarez family 🥰 I love them more than the entire book.

Thank you so so so much for reading and I hope you love this chapter! 🩷

30 Weeks Later

"You good, baby?" Roman frowned with concern, taking my hand when I finally made it to the last step.

Our bags were already in his car ready to go.

"Yeah." My reply was faint as I struggled to catch my breath. "It's getting harder n-now."

"You want to go to the hospital? We can get you checked again just-"

"No." I shook my head, gripping his hand as we walked through our hallway towards the kitchen.

"Izzy-"

"They can't do anything. Not until I start getting proper contractions."

I'd been in what they call 'early labour' or 'prodromal labour' for two weeks now.

I'd been getting pains that felt like the worst kind of period cramps bordering on contractions. I could feel them in my legs, my stomach and my back. They came in patterns throughout the day, but mostly at night.

I hadn't been sleeping due to the pain which meant Roman hadn't been sleeping. That wasn't out of choice, it was because I was in agony all night and I was disturbing him with my movement and my sounds.

He couldn't work properly during the day because of it, which meant the rest of the Inner Circle were picking up his work load.

But the doctors couldn't do anything. They told me to wait it out. They said it's just something that happens and they didn't want to risk getting involved by inducing me when I wasn't ready.

But everyone was on edge thinking I could go into labour at any second. It's gotten so bad that Roman had asked me to move into the Alvarez mansion today.

We'd been fighting about it for the last week until I eventually gave up, only because I didn't have the energy to fight anymore. That's not to say there wasn't a lingering tension between us, because there definitely was.

We argued over it for multiple reasons.

One, I didn't want to move from my home. I liked being in the comfort of my own home with complete privacy, in the last weeks of my pregnancy especially.

It wasn't easy to handle and I didn't feel like faking a smile in front of his entire family. My peanut was now the size of a watermelon and I could barely stand without crying out from the pain. It was a sight I didn't need everyone to see.