Chapter 52 -The Practice Run

This chapter is so cute 🥰 Enjoy! Don't forget to vote and comment 🩷

This was the first thing that had truly gone right for us as a couple

We did it all perfectly, exactly how I would have wanted it to go.

After Roman stupidly got high on the plane ride back from London, we went home together. That evening was spent relaxing. Roman took a shower and then I took a warm bath while he cooked for us. We still didn't think we were strong enough to cook together yet.

The next day he took me to the fertility doctor who confirmed my pregnancy.

I was 8 weeks pregnant, which meant I conceived that night in the bathroom when Roman came home covered in blood.

It wasn't the most romantic of times, but it was definitely memorable.

And hot as hell.

After visiting the fertility doctor we went home and spent the day in a blissful bubble - just Roman, me, Choo, and our little one.

The next day we went to visit the memorial to first tell our angel about our unborn baby. It was definitely an emotional visit, but Roman was right when he said we needed to move on.

I couldn't hold on to the past. I had to let go and focus on this baby now.

I'd always remember the angel watching down on us, I could never forget. But I had to hold my angel in my heart and start moving on with my life.

We chose to keep our secret for a week, until I turned 9 weeks. Although I was healthy and everything looked good in the scan, the doctor did recommend waiting for the first trimester to pass before we told everyone.

But we didn't want to do that.

Last time no one knew about the baby who died at 7 weeks. No one knew it was inside me until it was already gone.

This time we wanted to enjoy it for a little while as a couple and then we wanted everyone to know. At least they'd know, even if something bad ever happened.

So first we went to my parents house for lunch on Saturday to tell them about my little one.

"I'm nervous." I gently rubbed my stomach trying to ease the anxiety.

"It's alright, sweetheart. Just think of this as the practice run." Roman smiled at me as the three of us approached the front door of my family home.

Churro came with us. He wanted to be here for the momentous occasion when my parents found out about their first grandchild.

He wasn't the most welcome family member in this house, but he never seemed to mind. He stood next to me staring at the door, waiting patiently for it to open.