Chapter 19 - Does That Make You Jealous?

It all heats up in this chapter 🥹 We're getting so close now!

I'm editing the rest of the book and you guys just aren't ready for it. I'm on chapter 40 right now and I'm telling its worth the wait 🥰

Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoy 🤍

"So it's a date?"

"No."

"But you're getting ready."

"So?"

"So that means it's a date."

My sister's face was currently being displayed on my MacBook while I curled the ends of another section of my hair.

"It's a few drinks for his brother's birthday, that's all."

"And dinner." When she pointed that out, I resisted the urge to scream or throw my laptop out the window - either one would work. "We're having dinner because that's the responsible thing to do before you drink."

I say that like I didn't get drunk off half a bottle of wine before we ate dinner a few weeks ago when we cooked together.

Good times.

"Well, what are you wearing?" Glancing down at the silk robe I was currently dressed in, I moved onto another section of hair. "I was thinking that brown satin dress I bought last week when we went shopping."

The dress was a beautiful brown satin material with thin straps also showing the right amount of cleavage. It was important to find the right dress because first we were going to a fancy restaurant and also, the club wasn't a trashy kind of club.

When I pestered him for as much information as possible so that I could make the right choice, Roman was very clear that it was a sophisticated club and we would be in the VIP area.

"Oh! The one with the thin straps?" Nodding my head, I finished doing my hair before I moved onto my make up, listening to Nora's suggestions as I put it on.

"You look so beautiful, Izzy." I finished my make up and followed with some setting spray over my face. I leaned back into my chair at my vanity table while I waited for it to dry. "It feels good to dress up. It gets kind of boring wearing gym clothes and loungewear all the time."

"You should do it more often, maybe for all your future date nights with Roman."

The image of Roman regularly sitting across from me at dinner suddenly came to my mind when she said that. He would probably be dressed in a fitted button up shirt, his sleeves rolled up to expose his tattoos and that chain around his neck glimmering in the light. No doubt he'd a have his usual soft, confident smirk on his lips.

It sounded more like a dream than anything else.

"It will never happen, Pooh Bear." For once I didn't bother to hide my sadness, only because my sister already knew me well enough to know I wanted him. "What makes you think that?"