Chapter 47 - Why Are There So Many Colours?

This chapter is a bit of a rollercoaster with the emotions.

TW: Izzy has some anxiety 🥺

This is the calm before the storm. Enjoy! ❤️

By the third week after my attack, my face was beginning to heal much faster

By the third week after my attack, my face was beginning to heal much faster. I was finally able to cover the lasting evidence with make up so that I could leave the house.

It wasn't perfect, but at least every single person I passed wouldn't immediately notice my bruises and fading cuts.

I went out shopping for food and necessities or for walks to the park with Churro. Roman and I went for dinner one night too, then we went to visit the memorial for our unborn baby.

Usually if I went out then it was only for an hour with the tightest security and with at least two members of the Alvarez family by my side.

At least.

You can imagine the scene when I stopped at a store to buy some tampons with Elías, Roman, Alex, and Lucero all trailing behind me.

For those ten minutes the outside of that store was protected better than Fort Knox.

"Why are there so many colours?"
Elías frowned at the large selection of tampons on the shelf.

I chose to ignore his question.

Roman was holding my hand while he scrolled on his phone and Lucero was busy texting Maisie in the background somewhere by the panty liners.

We were about to meet her for lunch but he still couldn't get off the phone for more than two minutes.

"The colours are for the different sizes." Alex spoke in a matter-of-fact tone, also standing there analysing the boxes of tampons.

"Sizes?" Elías really looked at Alex as if he was a wise wizard with all the freaking answers to women's issues.

"Yeah, not all women have the same size hole. Yellow is for the virgins, right Izzy?"

Just stay quiet.

"So if yellow is for virgins, green must be for those girls who dabble occasionally, and red is for the putas?" (Whores)

They're not worth it. Your ribs are still healing.

"Exactly. Well done, Elías. That's why Izzy is picking up the red ones."