Chapter 38 - Shh, I'm Talking Now

Isn't this the cutest pic of Churro ever? 🥹🥺❤️

Enjoy this chapter! Don't forget to vote and comment 🤭

The wedding day was getting closer and closer. I just felt like everything was moving 100mph and I couldn't do anything to stop it.

I now only had four days left until I was going to be Mrs Alvarez, four days until I moved in permanently with Roman, and four days until I pledged my allegiance to the cartel during my wedding ceremony.

That was one of the formalities of a wedding in Los Ángeles del Armagedón. But it was especially important since I was marrying their future leader and I could potentially be the mother of his future heir.

The moment I take that vow before we say 'I do', that's when this whole thing becomes permanent and set in stone.

As much as I was sure I wanted no one else on the planet other than Roman, it was still scary knowing I could never get out.

I wasn't marrying him anticipating a divorce, but it was hard knowing that a divorce wasn't an option even in twenty years if things go bad.

This was permanent.

"Your dress fitting is at 12pm, then the final meeting with the caterer is at 2pm. Tomorrow is Christmas Day, so at some point today we need to finalise the decorations and the schedule for the wedding day and-"

"What was the point of hiring a wedding planner again?" I cut off Roman's sister, Joanna, resting my head on the marble counter of their kitchen.

I was currently sitting next to her on a stool at the breakfast bar while she read the notes off her laptop.

"You were the one who wanted to give the final go ahead on all the choices the wedding planner made. Plus, it's not like the wedding planner can go to your dress fitting for you, Isadora. So stop complaining, you're worse than Catalina."

By the time she finished telling me off I was pouting my lips, my head still resting tiredly on the counter.

I'd already been up for hours. I did an upper body workout at the gym early this morning and then took Churro for a walk. My legs were sore from my workout yesterday, so the walk was harder but so necessary for my muscles to recover.

But, now it wasn't even 11am and I was ready to go back to sleep.

I hate early mornings.

I never used to. Back when I ran the gym with Jackson I was used to early mornings. But now that I've had more free time over the last few months, I've finally seen the joys of being a late riser.

I'm not mentally prepared to go back to being an early riser once the gym is open again.

"Can I just pull out of the wedding? Roman can marry someone else in my place."