Duties

After a month serving here on Asgard, I have grown familiar enough with the layout of the palace so that I no longer have need to be escorted around by Ruth and Sara.

One morning I am instructed by Ruth to change all of the bed linens inside the royal chambers, which is considered quite an important responsibility here.

I have refreshed all except the King's so far. I am made aware that he has had company the night before as he always does, so I must wait outside for his companion to leave.

I soon see a young pretty blonde maiden exiting his bed chambers shortly after my arrival, so I knock gentle on his door.

Loki: "Enter".

Me: "My King, I have come to change your bed linens".

Loki: "So be it".

His chambers are grand and fine, far larger than all of the others I had been inside of. I see that his bedding is quite in a state of disarray from his nightly activities, but I carry on regardless.

I notice him watching me with curiosity from a chair in front of his desk.

Loki: "Anya, was it?"

Me: "Yes, my King".

Loki: "Are you becoming accustomed to palace life?"

Me: "It is far nicer than my previous one".

Loki: "I am certain that it is. Has your body adjusted to the temperature here?"

Me: "It did not take long, my King".

Once I strip the bedding back, I notice that the King seems rather amused when I notice his seed covered bottom sheets.

Loki: "Is there a problem, Anya?" he smirks.

Me: "Not at all, my King".

I strip away the rest of the sheets before placing them in a bag nearby while his green continue to follow me around the room. Afterwards, I replace his bedding with clean sheets and pick up the bag.

Me: "Do you require anything else, my King, or may I be excused?"

Loki: "Return these books for me".

Me: "As you wish".

As I go to leave, I pick up the books from his desk and smile politely. I have yet to see the library here, but from what I have heard it has more books than any one person could ever possibly read.

After I drop off the linens, I approach the entrance to the library and the doors are opened for me by two guards stationed outside. I could never have imagined that it would be this impossibly large.

There are thousands of shelves stocked with books from every realm, stretching out as far as the eye could see. I cannot help but believe that this place must be my own personal Valhalla.