Desire

After Ruth and Sara have left my chambers, I fall asleep while reading a book on the bed. As I drift into my slumber, I sense a comforting presence covering me with a blanket and wrapping me in a warm embrace.

Even with my eyes now closed, I know precisely who it is and I instinctively wrap my arm around him before burying my head into his chest.

I had missed him.

Loki: "Valanya?" he whispers in an attempt to stir me from my sleeping state.

Me: "Hmm?"

Loki: "I came to visit you earlier today, but you were not here?"

Me: "Sorry".

Loki: "Where did you go?"

Me: "Not too far, I simply needed some air" I force out the words while I yawn.

The King stays silent as I begin to fall asleep once more. I then feel him delicately running his fingers through my hair, which only assists me in drifting away back into my slumber.

When I wake again, the King is now asleep in the bed next to me and he appears so peaceful that it seems a shame to wake him.

Me: "Loki?" I whisper as he did.

He does not stir so I go into the bathroom, draw myself a warm bath and carry on reading my book in peace.

It is not too long before I can hear movement in my room when he finally awakens.

Loki: "Valanya?"

I do not reply, but I get out of the water and quickly to dry myself before returning to my chambers wearing only my robe.

He appears to be rather anxious when I find him pacing the floor.

Me: "Loki?"

Loki: "Why did you flee from my chambers?"

Me: "What does that matter now?"

Loki: "You told me of your affections, then left me there without granting me the opportunity to respond".

Me: "Then respond now" I demand abruptly.

Loki: "I cannot love you, Valanya".

That single statement causes a feeling in my chest as though my heart has just shattered into a thousand pieces.

Me: "Then why do you torment me so cruelly with your affections?"

Loki: "It is because I do love you!"

Me: "What?"

Loki: "I love you more than words could ever hope to describe, but you know the rules of the palace".

Me: "Then why tell me any of this at all?"

Loki: "Because I want you and no one else. No princess from any realm in the known universe could possibly compare to you".

Me: "I am a servant, Loki. We cannot marry, never lay together. Even if all that were allowed, I will never be able to give you an heir".

Loki: "If that is what you fear then I shall give up the throne so that we may be together".

Me: "I would never allow you to commit such an absurd act on my behalf. Asgard needs it's King".

Loki: "And I need you!"

He marches over and pulls me into a deep, prolonged and passionate kiss. My entire body feels as though it were on fire as his hands find their way to my waist, pulling me in close before he frees me from his grasp.

Loki: "I love you, Valanya".

Me: "And I love you, Loki".

The sun sets outside and my body transforms back to it's original state. I expect him leave, but he does not. Instead he makes a suggestion that rocks me to my very core.

Loki: "Allow me mark you and claim you in my Jotun form".

Me: "Do not be absurd, Loki!"

Loki: "Helbindi could not take you if another Jotun male had made claim to you, correct?"

Me: "You would have to fight your own brother and he would attempt to kill you. There is no guarantee that you would even desire me in your Jotun form".

Loki: "Then let us find out, my love" he smiles.

Me: "It is a foolish thought. You will undoubtedly become aggressive and violent just as he will the longer he is forced to wait".

Loki: "In that case, I shall do it the moment he arrives here so he cannot take what is mine without a fight".

Me: "You certainly sound Jotun" I laugh.

Loki: "You are mine, Valanya".

He places a kiss on my neck and I wrap my arms around him. I feel him opening my robe and my heart beats faster at the thought of him marking me.

Loki: "I could take you right now, my pet. To Hel with the rules" he whispers in my ear.

Me: "We mustn't, Loki" I pant while he lifts me up so I am now sitting on the edge of the desk in my chambers.

He slips the robe from my shoulders, leaving me exposed and vulnerable to the sensation of his touch against my bare skin.

Me: "Is it true what I have heard of you?"

Loki: "And what is that?"

Me: "That you have not bedded another maiden since the day you took me out into the kingdom?"

Loki: "I have done no such thing since the day you struck me in my chambers. How could I ever lay with another when all I could think about was you?"

Me: "Is that true?"

The King grabs my legs and wraps them around his waist before he kisses me once more.

It is taking all the willpower I have not to give in to the lust coursing through my body as his hand snakes around the back of my neck.

Loki: "You have plagued my every waking thought since the moment you defied me during your punishment. It never mattered to me which form was before me, I was always burdened with desire".

Me: "You desired me this way?"

Loki: "Any impression I may have given you that I did not want you was never due to your Jotun form. In truth, it was due to the fear I have of my own. I tried in vane to deny my growing affections by distracting myself with other maidens at first, but all I could think of was you".

The King had desired me before I had been his personal servant?

This was almost too shocking a revelation for my mind to comprehend and I find myself wanting to let him have me right here on this desk.

Me: "I am rather tired" I lie to him, not wanting to succumb to the heat of the moment.

Loki: "Then I shall see you tomorrow, my love" he places a tender kiss on my lips and pulls my robe back up to cover me.