Will You?

Once we reach my old apartment and I unlock the door, he wanders around, seemingly rather perplexed by the mortal residence I once inhabited during my time on Earth.

Loki: "This is all rather...quaint".

Me: "You can simply refer to it small, Loki. I will not be offended".

Loki: "Apologies, my love".

He continues to take in these new mysterious surroundings and quickly notices something that peaks his interest, but I am hardly surprised.

Loki: "You have quite the selection of books here".

Me: "I thought you would approve of my little collection".

Loki: "You truly had no need to leave your entire life behind when you returned to Asgard. You should bring these books back with us tomorrow".

Me: "There is no need, however there was one thing here that I have missed".

I walk to the bedroom and return with something I once bought at a shop after it had caught my eye with it's beauty.

Me: "Here".

The small crystal I place in his hand is positively bursting with colour, similar to that of a rainbow. It had always reminded me of my life on Asgard.

Loki: "It is rather charming. What is it?"

Me: "This is what the mortals call a healing crystal. It is little more than a trinket really, yet it always reminded of when I first crossed the rainbow bridge and I looked down at all those overwhelming colours. I felt so honoured to look upon it".

Loki: "Then you should certainly bring this with you, for sentimental purposes. That way, it may also serve as a pleasant reminder to me of our day here".

Me: "I suppose that being the Allfather does not permit you much time to travel?"

He takes a seat and gestures for me to sit down next to him. Something is clearly on his mind at this moment and he needs to unburden himself.

Loki: "I am afraid that my role as King anchors me to Asgard more than I ever believed it would. Valanya, if this life of freedom is what you truly desire then my previous offer still stands. I would give up the throne for your happiness without hesitation".

Me: "Loki, you do not need to give up the throne to have me, or to make me happy. You are a wonderful King and I am truly blessed to have your heart. I am already yours".

Loki: "I am the one who is blessed, but I suspect you would be a far greater ruler than I. You seem to have a way with the people that I have always lacked".

I simply do what my mother instructed and treat everyone the way I wish to be treated. Other than my previous spell of jealousy that had seen me poison Princess Dahlia, I have always strived to do so.

If I had known back then that she was in fact my cousin, I would never have contemplated doing such a wicked thing to her, even in spite of her cruel words.

Me: "I may be a princess in name now, but to rule over a realm is something else entirely. What you accomplish each and every day is admirable".

Loki: "You may not see it in yourself yet, but a kind, strong heart is a far more admirable quality than any other for a noble to possess. When you become my Queen..."

Me: "Your Queen?" I question with surprise.

Loki: "My love, you are my future and I cannot envision one without you ruling by my side. We have even discussed having children. Surely you must have guessed that this is where our courtship leads us?"

Me: "I did. Although hearing those words coming from your lips just now, and the idea of being a Queen one day seems rather overwhelming. Never in my wildest dreams did I hope to find a love like yours".

Loki: "Do you wish to be my Queen, Valanya?"

Me: "Are you asking that of me, Loki?"

Loki: "I have wanted you and no other since the first moment I gazed into your enchanting eyes. If I were to ever lose you again, I fear that my heart would shatter beyond repair".

In my heart I feel the same.

Me: "Then what are you waiting for, my King? Say the words and I will be yours until my dying day".

Loki: "Valanya, my love, my soulmate, I have desperately longed to say these words to you for some time".

The King rises from his seated position before kneeling in front of me. I believe there is a strong possibility that I may faint at any moment.

Loki: "Will you continue to grant me the honour of having a place within your heart, and allow me to keep you in mine for all of my days? Nothing would bring me greater joy than to have you rule the nine realms by my side as my equal, my beloved and my Queen. Will you marry me?"

Me: "Yes, my love. Of course I will marry you" I tearfully reply to his affectionate proposal.

Even through the tears we now both share, we kiss as though there will be no tomorrow. I am his forever and he is mine.