Chapter 3

Harry's P.O.V:

I drove Niall back to his house and then went home shortly after.

It's currently 6:03 am and I'm in my bed scrolling on my phone, waking myself up for what's to come for the rest of today. I check my emails and finally decide to get out of bed, pulling the blanket off my half naked body as I walk to the bathroom.

I turn on the faucet, running my toothbrush under the warm water as I squeeze a bit of toothpaste, looking into the mirror as I brush my teeth. I rinse out my mouth, splashing cold water on my face this time to wake me up. I wipe away the water with a towel, drying off myself as I run my fingers through my hair. I pick up my hairbrush, brushing my hair back to get it most of it out of my face. That one strand of hair stays there no matter how much I try to move it back but I don't mind.

I walk to the kitchen, planning to cook bacon and eggs for breakfast. I get out the skillet, frying the pieces of bacon. As they're frying, I brew the coffee, keeping it simple with no sugar or cream. I crack the eggs in the bacon grease, waiting for everything to finish as I scroll through my phone and sip on my coffee. I have a long day today so I need as much energy as I can get.

After I finish eating my breakfast, I put my plate in the dishwasher and head back to my room. I'm on medium call today, so I decide to go for my blue scrubs. I pull on the cotton material, patting and it down and adjusting it on my body. I'm not the biggest fan of scrubs but I can't lie, they're comfy and I'd much rather wear this over a suit and tie. I clean up whatever clothes I had dropped in the process, stuffing it in the closet as I walk to the living room. I decide on my black Adidas Ultraboost sneakers for today, tying them up tightly, and knotting them twice.

I make my way out the door at 6:45 am, walking towards the elevator and waiting for any of them to open. I go down the elevator, ending up in the parking lot as I find my car. I unlock the doors, taking a seat and fastening my seatbelt. I open Spotify on my phone to shuffle my car playlist before starting the engine.

You would never guess what song comes on first.

"I wanna be your vacuum cleaner"

I sigh but I don't skip the song. It's like she's haunting me at this point and there's nothing I can do about it. Fucking hell, am I stupid. It was just a worthless fuck. Nothing else.

I don't think I'll ever be able to listen to this song without thinking of Bella. Memories of the night before enter my head, our hair flying all over the place as we sang at the top of our lungs.

I'm pathetic.

"If you like your coffee hot, let me be your coffee pot"

I mumble the lyrics as I'm driving, keeping my eyes on the road. I wonder if she's thought of me as much as I've been thinking of her, it's probably just me.

-

I finally arrive at NYU Langone Medical Center, the hospital I'm completing my residency at.

I greet the other resident doctors as I make my way into my office, taking a seat in my spinning chair as I check if I have any voicemails before my first scheduled appointment of the day.

Fortunately, I have no voicemails, one less thing I'll have to worry about this morning, so I stay in my office until it's time for the appointment.

Ashley, one of the nurses and my best friend here, lets me know that my first patient of the day is ready to be seen. We met in college and thankfully we ended up in the same hospital for residency, she's the best. My first patient happens to be an 8 year old girl named Layla. I put my white coat on top of my scrubs and open the door as I greet Layla and her mom.