Chapter 19

Harry's P.O.V:

Fuck, I wish I knew how to help her right now. I got her into her house, and now I'm laying with her on her bed.

I understand why she was so scared... she's told me about how he's hurt her so much in the past and it probably triggered so many memories.

I really wanted to hurt that motherfucker in the middle of the store, but it took me so much not to. Not only would I be risking my job, but I know Bella wouldn't want me to.

"My baby.." I brushed my fingers through her hair as we're both facing the left as we lay.

She hasn't said much ever since, and I don't blame her. I don't want to push her to talk if she doesn't want to, so I'll let her rest for a bit and then take her for a shower. She has to work in a few hours and can't cancel her appointment.

"Thank you, Harry. For everything... Sorry for ruining our day." She whispers, keeping her eyes closed.

I don't want her to think that she ruined anything, it's not her fault.

"It's not your fault, you didn't know he was going to be there. I'm sorry you had to go through all of that. You're so strong." I tell her softly, continuing to play with her hair.

"I learned to become used to it. Whatever he said today was nothing compared to what he used to say to me." She whispers to me, and I wrap my arms around her.

"I'm so sorry, my love. He put you through so much... a girl like you deserves to be treated like an angel. That's what you are. My angel." I hold her tighter, feeling how her body's been lightly shaking.

"Just keep holding me, please."

"Do you want to talk about it or anything? I don't like seeing you like this. I feel helpless." I admit to her.

She's shaking in my arms from encountering someone she hasn't seen in a while. What type of things did he say to her to put her in this position?

"You've done more than enough. What do you want me to tell you?" She asks as I bury my head in her shoulder.

"Whatever you feel comfortable enough to say."

"Okay... uhm... He's always been abusive towards me, mostly verbally but he's been physical before. Whenever he comes close to me, I get scared that he's going to hit me. That's why I flinched like that. He used to hit me." She explains as she stuffers a bit, tugging on my heart.

No one deserves to go through that. Abuse is something I see a lot, especially in my job. I've had a patient who came in for a check-up before, he had to take off his shirt so I could check for signs of scoliosis. His mother had kept telling me not to but the child insisted I should. I had rolled up his shirt and belt marks were covering his back. It hurts so much to see a stranger going through that, let alone someone I care for so much. She means so much to me and someone treated her like that for so long? Emotional abuse is just as horrible as physical abuse... those words can stay with you for a long time.

"I can't believe someone would do something like that. Where did he hurt you, my love?" I softly tell her, staying calm to eventually make her calm.

"He slapped me because I talked back." She puts her hands on her cheek to show me as I cup her face, turning her more towards me as I move her hair away.

I kiss along the outline of her face, smoothing my thumb over her cheek.

"I'm here now, okay? You're safe with me, I promise."

"You'll never hurt me, right?" She looks up to me with her eyes brimmed with tears.

"Never, angel. Never." I don't feel offended at the question, because I know she needs reassurance.