Chapter 20

Harry's P.O.V:

"Are you still coming tonight?" Niall says into the phone as I spin around in my office chair.

I totally forgot about Niall's party this week, and I think Bella forgot about it as well.

"Yeah, I'll try. I'm at work right now and I should be leaving at around 6 today."

"Great, is your girl coming as well?" He says and I feel myself blushing at his statement from when I made her come in the front seat.

"I'll have to ask her again, but I'm pretty sure she's free tonight so maybe. If not then you'll just get me."

"She seems nice from what I've heard on the phone, you're lucky I didn't embarrass you in front of her."

"Ha. Ha. Who else is coming today?"

"Remember Dylan from a few years ago? He's back in New York for a few days so he's coming, Louis is coming, and a few of my other friends are coming, not many people." He explains.

Dylan's a good guy, we were really good friends until he got a job opportunity in Chicago. We haven't talked much but occasionally texted in the time being.

"Sounds good. Also, I'll try and bring Bella tonight as well. I have an appointment in 15 minutes so I'll get back to you later, man."

"Bye, Haz. Remember, 8 pm."

"Alright, lucky charms. Bye." I hear him laugh at the other end of the phone as I end the call to text Bella.

We haven't seen each other in four days, but we've FaceTimed, called and texted instead.

She hasn't seen Liam ever since, but I noticed that she hasn't been going out a lot. I don't want him to restrict her life to the point where she feels like she has to stay at home to be safe for the times when she's not with me.

Because of my job and long shifts, it's hard to see her very often so I try and spend as much time as I can with her when I have the free time.

To Bella: Can you still make it to Niall's house today? Come to my place and we can go from there.

I hit send on the message, going back on my computer to pull up the documents for my next patient.

I didn't get much sleep last night so I've drunk at least 4 cups of coffee since I've woke up, I have no idea how I'm going to function throughout the rest of the day. My shifts have been getting longer the more I've been working here, and it's been interfering with my free time. At the end of the day, I picked this job and I knew that it would be a hard one, so I can't complain.

Bella messages me back again, so I pause looking for the records, opening my phone to reply to her message.

From Bella: yes I'm free! Where does Niall live?

To Bella: Downtown, should I pick you up?

I find their medical records, keeping the information prepared beforehand as I hear my phone beep.

From Bella: no it's fine, I'll go to your place and we can go there together

To Bella: :D

"Reid, Dominic. He's here for his 13-year-old physical, currently in the nurse's office right now." Ashley pops her head out of the door to tell me.

"Sounds good, he should be coming in about ten minutes?" I put my phone down.

"Yeah, something like that." She walks into the room, looking at me.

"Tell me how it's going with Bella." She whispers to me and I feel myself blushing again.

"Good, really good. Are you going to Niall's place today? We're gonna go tonight."