Chapter 35

Post-Op Day 21

Bella's P.O.V:

"I don't want to go back to work tomorrow," Harry groans, putting his arms up so I can help him lift up his shirt. 

It's been three weeks since my surgery. Harry was supposed to be starting work last week but he's been having migraines as a result of his injuries. Ashley recommended he shouldn't come in and treat patients until the symptoms subside. 

"Cheer up, you get to see a face other than mine," He tugs on the bottom of my cami, waiting for my approval. I nod, inhaling a deep breath as he slowly peels it off of my skin, leaving me topless with the bandage covering the wound. 

"I like seeing your face, though," he whines, adjusting the temperature of the shower. 

"At least you won't have to take care of me anymore," I laugh as he nods his head, "Even at work I will still check up on you. Expect texts when it's time to take your meds and calls during the day." 

"I love you," I whisper to him while he quickly pecks my cheek, walking towards the sink.

"I love you too," he washes his hands rigorously with soap and water so he can attend to my incision, my least favorite part of the day. 

"Can I-," Harry gestures to the bandage that covered the wound. 

"Just do it, I don't want to see," I close my eyes, feeling him peeling the corner of the bandage. 

He pulls it off fast as I squirmed from the little pinch, slowly opening my eyes again while he throws the dressing into the trash. 

"It's healing nicely, you don't need to keep the bandage on it anymore," he says, catching my attention. 

The bandage helped me. I still felt the raised skin underneath but it helped me not look at it. 

"No- I still need it, what if it tears or something? I need the bandage," I lower my eyes to get a glance at the incision, immediately turning my head away. 

"It's not going to tear anymore, the skin has already started to heal on its own and the stitches have dissolved," he explains. 

I'm a coward. I'm not able to face the scar on my skin that will be imprinted on there forever, I needed to hide behind a bandage to even look at myself. 

"Okay," I mumbled, stepping into the steamy shower as he follows. 

I throw my head back, getting adjusted to the stream of water while I run my fingers through my hair. The droplets of water hit my chest as the stream ran down my body, helping me calm myself. 

Harry's hand had reached out near me as he grabbed the shampoo, squeezing some into my hand before squeezing it into his. I watched him disperse the liquid with his hands, letting out a sigh of relief from how his fingertips felt in my hair. He gently massaged up and down my scalp while I reached out my arms, pulling him closer to me to reach his head. 

I loved the way his hair looked when it was wet, the curls in his hair were still visible even when the water slicked it back. I closed my eyes tightly as I felt the soapy water run down my face, creating suds in Harry's hair from how it was being massaged into his roots. 

I took my time while washing Harry's hair, mostly because I was stalling. I thought I'd be able to stop crying after Harry and I talked about it, but I couldn't. 

I wanted to curl up in a ball and hide whenever he touched it. He comforted me and did everything in his power to try and make me feel better, but it was like his words travelled right through my head.