Chapter 25*

Bella's P.O.V:

It's currently 10:36 pm and Harry's still not here. He told me that he doesn't know when he'll be back home and hasn't responded to any of my messages. I didn't do much in the time being, but I cleaned up the mess of flour we made. I cooked the pancakes, eating one myself as I put the rest in the fridge for Harry. I've just been sitting here in the same robe, scrolling through Netflix and watching Shameless. Well, trying to because all that's been on my mind is Harry.

I haven't had an appetite to eat as I've been worried sick about Harry, even though I know he's okay but he gets so attached to his patients. He tells me about some of them sometimes and I know how much they all mean to him.

I ended up calling my sister, Gi, just to get everything off of my mind. She's been very occupied herself, especially with an infant, therefore we rarely get to talk to each other. I told her about Harry and everything, especially how I feel about him and she sounded even more excited than me.

She was very happy that I finally found someone after everything that happened in the past, to say the least. It felt nice talking to her after so long, talking to someone about something I've bottled up for a while. She thinks I love him and told me to listen to my gut feeling, which is what I'm doing.

My mind snaps out of my thoughts when I hear the doorknob turn, the door opening to reveal a very exhausted Harry.

I walk over to the door as he releases a deep breath, pulling me closer to him as he kisses me unexpectedly. It feels so... emotional the way he presses his lips to mine, kissing me with everything he has as if it's the last. I notice his eyes slowly close as if he's holding back tears. I hold him tighter, feeling him caress my waist with his hand. I slowly pull away from the kiss as he looks up at me, moving a strand of my hair away from my ear.

He smiles, "You stayed...I missed you," he says so softly, almost unrecognizable. His hands stay on my forearms as he keeps his gaze at me.

"Of course I would stay. I missed you too." I whisper back, pulling him in for a hug.

"She's gone..." He whispers as I hold him tighter, rubbing his back slowly.

I hear the pain in his voice as he speaks, I had a feeling something like this could have happened. I stay close to him, showing him that he has all of my support even if I don't know what happened.

"I couldn't save her. She's gone..." He whispers again, his voice cracking.

"I'm so sorry, my love. I'm so, so, sorry." I keep rubbing his back, "You tried your best, alright? That's all that matters."

"I could have done more." I brush my fingers through his hair, feeling his damp curls, "C'mon, let's go take a seat and talk about it if you want." I pull away from the hug, shutting the door he forgot to close as I turn the lock, guiding him to the grey couch.

We take a seat on the couch as he rests his head against mine, exhaling once again. "Do you wanna talk about it?"

"It's stupid of me to be upset about. Fuck, I just need you now. I need you so much, it's killing me." He breathes out as I turn towards him.

I need Harry just as bad, but I don't want him to use sex to distract him from what he's feeling inside. We do that a lot, we both have no self-control when it comes to each other, but let's face it. Sex isn't going to solve everything. It's a nice distraction but we can't just fuck to forget about what we're dealing with.

"You have me, we can always talk when you feel like it," I tell him as he turns to me, matching our lips together as he pushes me down on the couch as our lips stay connected.