Chapter 31

Harry's P.O.V:

It all happened so fast.

My fingers go to my forehead, feeling the blood that was dripping down to my eyebrow. I wipe off the blood but it's still profusely bleeding and my head is pounding. Just a few minutes ago, Bella and I were talking, now it was silent.

I turn towards Bella, her head was tilted against the seat and her eyes were closed. My index and middle finger immediately go to her neck, feeling for a pulse. I feel a pulse through my fingers, but she's still unresponsive to my touch.

I quickly pick up my phone off of the ground, turning on the flashlight. I physically open her eyelids to check her pupils, they're normal so no severe brain damage. "Baby? It's okay, you're okay, alright? You have to keep your eyes open for me though," I repeatedly tap her shoulder, feeling my heart pounding.

The only thing going through my head was fear. Fear of everything.

I dial 911, putting the phone on speaker as I check on the driver. It seems like he fell unconscious as he was driving, the airbag didn't fully open and he hit his head directly on the steering wheel.

"Uhm.. my gi-girlfriend and I were involved in a car accident- she's unconscious but still has a... a pulse. The driver received blunt force trauma to the head, thready pulse and I've yet to check the passengers in the other c-car," the words were stuttered and messy from everything that was going on in my head. I was going to pass out any moment, I just knew it.

"We've traced your address and we will bring roadside assistance shortly, but how are you doing sir?" The dispatcher's voice is sincere, but compared to Bella, I was okay. I hit my head hard on the window though, the blood kept dripping down my eyebrow and I felt light-headed.

"I'm okay, just a grade 1 or 2 concussion probably and a head lac- I just- my girlfriend, she's still unconscious," I repeatedly tap her hands and stroke her face, trying to get any sort of reaction from her, "Please baby, please. Fuck!" I cry out, feeling both fear and anger now.

Anger at myself for not staying sober. I should have stayed sober and drove her home.

"Sir, if it's possible, can you get your girlfriend and the driver out of the car? Sit them down on the sidewalk or any available space, a bench if there is one. First responders are on their way," the woman tells me as I unbuckle Bella's seatbelt.

I went to check her pulse again, noticing that she's slowly opening her eyes. A wave of relief washes over me before I talk to her, "Isabella, let's get out of here, alright? But first, tell me, does this hurt?" I try my best to keep a calm voice, gently pressing down on her abdomen as she winces.

"Hurts a lot.. everything hurts," her voice was broken as her eyes slowly started to close again, "No- no, I know it hurts but you're going to keep your eyes open. You're going to keep them open until we get to the hospital." I hold her face in my hands, my voice stern as she forces her eyes open. She was weak and vulnerable at the moment, struggling to even keep her body up.

"She's awake but her abdomen is rigid, most likely abdominal bleeding. When are they arriving?" I spoke in a desperate tone, holding the phone to my ear and tilting my head on my shoulder to keep the phone in place. I slowly untangle her from the seatbelt strap as the palm of my hand is keeping a hold of her head.

"You are safe with me, you understand that? I am not gonna let anything happen to you," I reassured Bella but mostly I was reassuring myself. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I let anything happen to her. I hate to think about it but it's a possibility, it's always a possibility in situations like this. And to think that I thought taking an Uber would be the safest option.