Chapter 5

Harry's P.O.V:

Sure thing, I'll see you there next week." I tell the resident doctor.

Next week there's this gathering for all the resident doctors and nurses that have attended NYU. Ashley let's me know that it's super formal and we have to bring someone, whether it be a significant other or a close friend.

Should I ask Bella? Do you think she'll be up for it?

We've been talking a lot on the phone and texting but we haven't seen each other in about a week.

We spend hours on the phone, talking about the most random shit ever.

I can never get tired of hearing her voice.

I get in my car and fasten my seatbelt, getting ready to drive back home. I turn on the radio, tuning it to 106.7 and Dreams by Fleetwood Mac is playing.

"You say you want your freedom"

I start tapping my fingers against the steering wheel to the beat and hum along.

The music gets interrupted with a phone call from no other than Bella.

"Hey, Bella, what's up?"

"Nothing much, I just missed your voice. Are you still at work?" I'm happy she can't see me right now because I'm a blushing mess.

"Just finished my shift, I'm driving back home right now. Haven't seen you in so long."

"This new dessert shop just opened around St. Marks, we should go!" She says all excited.

"Baby, if I wanted dessert I could've come over to your place."

There's a moment of silence until she gasps, realizing what I meant.

"Harold! I didn't think you had it in you."

"You've had me in you too, love. But that dessert spot sounds amazing. Shall I pick you up around 5:30?"

She laughs on the line and then we both start laughing until she speaks again.

"5:30 it is. See you then, Styles."

"Bye, Bella!"

By the time I hang up the phone, I'm already near my apartment building. Thankfully, I find a spot right in front of the lobby since I didn't feel like parking in the parking lot.

I get to my apartment, taking off my shoes and placing them on the shoe rack. I put my lanyard down on the dresser and get out the clothes I want to wear today.

I make my way to the bathroom with my clothes, placing it on the counter to wear after I finish my shower. I strip off my scrubs and throw them into the washing machine. I turn on the shower, getting it to the perfect temperature before I enter.

I put a dollop of shampoo in my hand, massaging it through my curls until it starts lathering up. I wash out all the shampoo, running my fingers through my hair until the water becomes clear again.

I scrub my body clean and dry myself off, applying lotion all over my body.

I put on the clothes I picked out for today, a denim button-up shirt with some basic skinny jeans.

I unbutton a few of the buttons as I go back to the bathroom to get my rings and necklaces I took off before I showered.

I put them all back on, clasping the necklace once again and adjusting it on my neck until I like it. It's almost 5:00 and Bella's house is a 15-minute drive away. I put my favorite pair of Chelsea boots on and make my way out the door.