Chapter 37

A/N: Part two of a double update FYI 

Harry's P.O.V: 

It's been two weeks since Isabella left for her sister's house. I think this time apart is good for us, I missed her but I was okay. I've managed to get a lot done, even though it was only a couple of days, I've been able to focus on myself. 

I love her and I did want to help by taking care of her while she was recovering from surgery, but it took a lot from me, both physically and mentally. She went through a major surgery though and I was off from work, it felt like the right thing to try and help. 

I've been working out more, focusing on boxing lately, and spending time with my friends. Since I'm not cleared fully for surgery yet, I've been taking it easy with the hospital, working part-time shifts which consisted of consults and scut. 

My therapy sessions started last week, at first it was uneventful because I wasn't speaking, but I finally caved and we made some progress towards the end. This was the first session I had with the new shrink, it was hard to open up to someone I barely knew. She worked in the hospital in the psychiatry department, that's about all I knew before I started sessions. 

Isabella and I talked briefly, it was less than I hoped it would be but I knew she was okay so it didn't bother me as much as it would have before. 

"Just a scotch please," I smiled at the waitress, glancing over at Niall who was ordering his drinks.  Niall, Ash, Valentina, and I were at this new bar that recently opened up, close to the hospital. I have a night shift tomorrow, so I'll be able to drink and catch up on some sleep after tonight. 

I pull out my wallet, about to hand my card as Niall stops me, "it's on me," he hands his card to the bartender instead. 

"Fine. Next time it's on me," I put my card away, shaking my head at him. 

"Why didn't you bring your girlfriend?" Ashley nudges at my shoulder. 

"Can we go the night without talking about her? I came here to drink... and have fun," I quickly retort, my chin up when I see the bartender coming towards us with our drinks. 

"Whatever you say," she shrugs, grabbing her drink off the counter. 

"Ni, look. She's been eyeing you ever since we got here," I hear Valentina saying to Niall, who was drinking away at his Guinness. 

"Could you be any more obvious?" I snicker at Niall with his not-so-subtle head turn towards the redhead who was practically batting her eyelashes at him. 

"She is hot," he whispers to us, "I'm gonna go say hi," he sips on his drink once again. 

"No, no! Wait for her to come here," Vale whispers to him, Niall sitting back on his seat. 

"20 says she's interested in where his shirt is from," Ashley speaks loud enough for Niall to hear.  "Shut up," he rolls his eyes, making us chuckle. 

"What? It's a nice shirt!" Ashley and Niall playfully bicker, Niall was wearing a red shirt which looked awfully familiar. 

"50 says he takes her to his place," I take a long sip of my drink, watching Niall smirk. 

I furrow my brow as I'm staring at the material of the button-up shirt he's wearing, the thought finally clicking,

"Hey! That's my shirt!" 

"You left it at my house once. Mine now," he adjusts the collar. I playfully roll my eyes at him, noticing the redhead approaching our table. 

"Shit, I think she's coming, is she coming?" Niall glances sideways, gulping down whatever's left of his beer.