Chapter 39

Bella's P.O.V: 

I'm going back to Harry's place tonight.  It was nearing 7 pm as Khai and I were sitting on the couch, watching TV on full blast while Zayn and Gigi were upstairs. 

Yeah, I don't want to think about it either.

Gross. 

I'll admit, I was kind of nervous to see Harry again after so long. We stayed up late, talking to each other for hours over the phone every night leading to today. He still called me, even when he had work early in the morning. 

"K, baby, you getting hungry? How bout' some Cheerios?" She was sitting right next to me with her head tilted, my hand wrapped around her shoulder. 

I picked up the plate of Cheerios, bringing them closer to her. She pointed out her finger towards the plate, indicating that she was in fact hungry. It was her way of communicating since she hasn't learned many words yet, but she's slowly getting there. 

I paused Sesame Street which was playing on the TV, picking up Khai off of the sofa and taking her to her high chair. Carefully pulling off the feeding table, I sat her down in the chair and buckled the seatbelt.

When feeding her finger foods, her mom always makes sure she's always sitting in her high chair, just so Khai can make that little connection that being sat in the high chair meant it's time to eat. 

I slid back the feeding tray, putting her plate of Cheerios on the table as she tried to pick them up with her thumb and index finger. It was adorable to watch how much better her hand-eye coordination was getting. She's becoming very grabby now, wanting to touch everything she sees. 

"I'm gonna miss you so much Princess," I whispered to her, brushing her hair out of the way with the edge of my thumb. When Khai was born, I spent some time with her here, mostly to help out Gigi and Zayn with anything they needed. These last few weeks, I got to spend time with Khai and ended up growing attached to her even more than I already was. It was really good for me, being able to spend time with her during my recovery. 

I'm going to miss her though, which probably sounded dramatic considering Gi's place was an hour drive from mine. The thing was, the last time I had spent weeks at her place, Khai was only a newborn. Now she's at that age where she has a sense of what's going on and she knows who I am to her, I just hope she doesn't grow up too fast. 

I pulled out a chair next to Khai, unpausing the TV as she snacked on her Cheerios. My phone had gone off, a few texts from some friends who wondered how I was doing, but the one that caught my eye the most was the message from him. 

From H<3: Angel :) When are you coming? I've been dying to see your pretty face. 

I didn't notice how big the smile on my face was until I felt Khai's tiny finger poking at the apple of my cheek. 

"It's that guy I told you about... Harry, but I bet you figured that out on your own," I put my phone down, pouring some more Cheerios on her plate. 

She babbled in response, but the funniest thing was the way the tone of her voice changed while she spoke, almost as if she was giving me advice on what to do. 

"Yeah? Okay, Princess, I'll try that," I acknowledged her, tapping on her shoulder before picking my phone back up. 

To H<3: an hour or so? I'll surprise you. 

I smirked as I sent the message, knowing well that I'd probably be later than an hour. Zayn is going to drop me off, I already my clothes packed upstairs in my guest room so I'd be ready to go.