Chapter 27

Harry's P.O.V:

*three weeks later*

It's been quite a while since I've called my mum.

Three weeks flew by fast, I found myself working through most of it. Just last week itself, I had managed to work 80 hours. After working 80 hours, you aren't required to clock in for work anymore for the rest of the week. I still made time out of my days to see Bella. It's hard to accumulate a schedule, especially when work can call you at any time for a case.

We do a new thing where after work, I'll go straight to her house and stay the night sometimes, we haven't seen each other in like ten days though. Her apartment isn't very far from the hospital and it lets me spend more time with her so it is convenient, however, I hate leaving her in an empty bed. I wake up at around 6 am, sometimes even 5, whereas she wakes up at a later time for her job. Her job is more flexible and allows her to work without a schedule. Instead of unnecessarily waking her up, I'll usually kiss her goodbye. There have been days where I'll work 36 hours continuously, using any free time I have to sleep in the on-call rooms. It's been a lot more frequent now, especially since summer is around the corner. Instead of waking up Bella in the middle of the night, I'll drive straight home.

I haven't said I love you to her yet and she hasn't either. We've been together for almost three months now, but I still can't build up the courage to say it. It's crazy how a three-word sentence, eight letters, such a simple phrase is so hard to say.

I finished working a few hours ago and headed straight home. I would have gone to Bella's place, but I was exhausted and didn't have an extra set of clothes. I'm currently laying in bed with the blanket covering my body, reaching out for my phone on the nightstand to call my mum.

I dial her number, waiting for the phone to ring until she picks up.

"Harry! Oh hello, I missed you so much!" She pours into the phone and I feel the smile that's plastered on my face, I missed her too.

"I missed you too, sorry for not calling in such a long time, I've been very busy with my residency." It's partly the truth, but also Bella.

I haven't told my mom about Bella yet, but I think she'll be very happy. The truth is, Bella makes me happy and I haven't felt so good in years. I gave up on relationships for a while and spent time fucking around. Towards the end of medical school, I put all sexual relationships to a halt. I wanted to focus on my studies, for the most part, it was stressful and I didn't want to have any more distractions then I already did.

"How is it going, have you decided which specialty you want to go for yet?" She asks, I can tell she's smiling from the tone of her voice.

"It's going good for the most part. I've learned a lot and my resident really likes me. I'm thinking of specializing in Pediatrics so I mostly work in Peds." I explain, sitting up on the bed.

"Wow Harry, I am so proud of you. Are you getting a hang of everything? Are you getting rest?" She bombards me with questions, I guess it's her motherly instinct.

"Yes, yes I am," I breathe a laugh, "I worked 80 hours last week. It gets kind of hard sometimes but every job is hard at one point."

"80? I'm not there but I hope you're eating proper meals. Always stay hydrated and have a big breakfast! It will give you energy throughout the day," she blurts out, making me laugh.

"Yes mum, I do that. But, how are you doing?" I reassure her, changing the subject.

"I'm good, I've been doing good for the past few months. Robin and I miss you loads." She says in her affectionate tone, "I'm happy to hear you're doing good, where's Robin? Tell him I said hi!"