Chapter 43

So please hurry leave me
I can't breathe
Please don't say you love me

A/N: Mention of Eating Disorders, ED behavior, Pregnancy loss, Domestic Abuse.

Bella's P.O.V:

All sorts of emotions were running through my head.

Here I was, mom seated right besides me as we were sitting on the couch, Dr. Dalton in front of the two of us.

"Well, Laura, it is very nice to meet you again. Do you know why you're here today?" She asked, pushing her glasses back on her nose.

I've been with Dr. Dalton for so long now, ever since I was in high school. I really trusted her, and if she thinks this will work then I'll give it a shot.

"I've been told it's to help our relationship and for us to talk to each other... the thing is I don't see how this will work," mom admitted, clearing her throat.

"And Bella, you had the same concern as well right?" She aimed her attention to me as I nodded, "Yeah, I did but I decided that it wouldn't hurt to try," I shrugged.

"I'm really happy that you two took this into consideration," she smiled, her notes on the little side table beside her.

"Isa guilt tripped me into coming here," mom muttered, immediately grasping my attention.

"What?" I intervened to say, Dr. Dalton looking up at me with a calm look on her face, "let her speak... go on Laura."

"When Bella first called me, I said no. I wasn't interested in doing this and thought it was a waste of time. Then she said something along the lines of, "if I ever have kids, I'll make sure to keep them the hell away from you," and hung up the phone."

"Because the last thing you told me was that it was good I lost my baby!" I yelled back, noticing Dalton's eyes back on me as I kept my arms crossed in my seat.

"That's not what I meant!"

"No, I remember it like it was yesterday. You said- You said "Maybe it's a good thing you lost that baby, it wouldn't have been raised properly anyways. It would have had a mother that has no idea what she's doing and an absent father," I repeated the words she had once said to me, feeling the ache in my chest.

"Isabella, how did it make you feel when she said that to you?"

"It felt horrible," I croaked, taking a deep breath as I turned towards mom.

"I'll never be able to forget when you told me it was good I lost my baby. I was so scared, so confused when I first found out. I had no idea about anything. You don't know how much I wished I had my mom to talk to during the whole thing. I kept to myself, just thinking about how much I wished you would've just been supportive. There was a point where I couldn't even talk to Harry at all- I was just trying to comprehend what was happening," I spoke truthfully, fidgeting with my ring as I recalled the memory again.

It felt kind of relieving to let that out. I hadn't even told Harry about that, when I had trouble talking to him. I'm doing better now but it's just so hard to believe that I went through something like that... and I had to cope without having my mother on my side.

"How do you think it would have been different? If you were able to be on good terms with her when this happened?"

"Well, I would have someone I could talk to. It sounds stupid to say out loud-," I let out a nervous laugh, Dr. Dalton shook her head sideways, "This is a safe place. Nothing is stupid."