Chapter 24

Bella's P.O.V:

It was 2:30 pm and I found myself still in bed with Harry, lying down and talking about random things, looking through old photos of his, overall just trying to lighten the mood.

"Why did you cut your hair short?" I ask Harry, brushing my fingers through the dark brown curls.

I see the soft smile on his face start to fade away, and my face falls into concern from what I just said.

"Did I say something wrong? I- I'm sorry, H." I immediately apologize but he gives me a tight-lipped smile, brushing me off and pulling me closer to him.

Our position had altered as we were in bed the whole morning, my head resting on his lower stomach with his arm wrapped around me.

"It's okay, love, don't be sorry. I had cut it when I was in a bad place mentally. It was... uhm... after I found out my ex cheated..." his voice dazes off.

It still baffles me that someone would have the audacity to cheat on Harry. My perfect, kind, sweet, loving Harry. I just know that if I ever happened to see her in real life, it would take a lot of self-control for me to not curse her out.

Am I really thinking about beating up Harry's ex? What is up with me? That just shows how much I care about Harry.

"She is such a horrible person for that, I understand how hard it can be when someone you trust completely breaks it so fast. It makes me angry to think about it, I-" My rant ends when Harry interrupts me, "Don't get yourself too worked upon her, angel. I guess it was my fault for not paying attention to the red flags."

"Hey, don't ever blame yourself for that, Harry. It was never your fault, it was completely hers. You did nothing wrong, I bet you showered her with affection and if she did that to you even after how well you treated her, that just shows how much of a horrible person she is." I feel the anger burning inside of me from just thinking about it.

"She wasn't even discreet about it, I picked up her phone by accident only to see three message notifications from "Nick" with a heart eyes emoji and three pink hearts next to his name. The last message had read out, "I miss your body so much, you free tonight?" He even spelled out tonight as "T-O-N-I-T-E" and added winking emojis," I see his face scrunch up in disgust and cringe when he thinks about it, but I feel my heart sink from how he remembers it so vividly. From what he had told me, they were together for two years and she still decided to betray him like that, it's beyond fucked up. I slowly move his arm off of me, getting off of his stomach as I hug him, burying my head in the crook of his shoulder.

"I hate that you had to go through that, she was a bitch. I can wholeheartedly say that without knowing anything else about her. It sends icks through my body just thinking about it." I tell him, feeling nauseated from the thought but instead he presses a kiss on my head.

He chuckles, "I never want to speak about a woman like that, but she's the only exception. When she walked back from the bathroom, she had started making up so many excuses, it was all just bullshit. I'd rather she left me instead of spurring me on for so long."

"M' just glad I have you now." He adds, kissing along my shoulder. They're soft, open mouth kisses, the air in the room that hits my skin sends a shiver down my spine.

"I'm glad you have me too, and I'm glad I have you," I tell him back, admiring the feeling of his soft lips on my velvety skin. Do I love him?

Fuck, do I?

Did my mind really have to hit me with that question right now?

I mean... he's perfect. He's everything I want in a person... sweet, sexy, caring, funny, quite literally everything. God, fuck, I think I'm falling in love with him.