Chapter 40*

A/N: gotta stay true to the title of the book with this song :)

Bella's P.O.V: 

I was awake but still kept my eyes closed, feeling the ache in my legs which were still dangling off of the couch since last night. There were no pillows or blankets, but my head rested on Harry's lap while my hands hugged his thighs. I was comfortable resting in this position but I knew as soon as I were to get up, my neck would be sore. Harry was definitely still asleep, I could hear his steady breathing as one of his hands stayed frozen in my hair, it made me smile amidst my half- sleepy state. 

I slowly opened my eyes, squinting them immediately after from the sunlight that projected from across the room. I decided to look up at Harry, his head was tilted slightly as he rested it on the couch cushion, his lips parted while he continued his slumber. 

A part of me wanted to get up to change my clothing and freshen up, but being here was comfortable, not to mention how peaceful he looked. I curled my legs inwards, slowly grabbing my phone off of the coffee table to avoid waking him up. It was noon, no wonder Harry was still asleep. He was working the day prior and usually doesn't get time to sleep in like this, I didn't want to bother him right now. 

Last night we had done exactly as planned, laying on the couch while talking about the most random things up until 3 am. We hadn't noticed exactly how much time passed until we got up for a snack in the kitchen.  I scrolled through my phone for a bit, looking through any messages or emails. There was one in particular sent by Gi a few hours ago, it was sent at around 6 in the morning. 

From Gi: Hey, everything going good? 

I typed in a response to the message, feeling Harry's hand moving around in my hair. He was still asleep though, lazily playing around with the loose strands.  Things with him went better than I had expected. Sure, we had sorted out most of the things that bothered us over the phone, but then me coming here and us being able to talk and actually listen to one another was so...refreshing. 

I heard Harry groaning, taking a deep breath and exhaling from his nose as he slowly opened his eyes.  He threw his head back on the sofa cushion, closing his eyes again while he brought his other hand towards me, rubbing on my thigh. 

He gave my thigh a subtle squeeze, making me smile like an idiot as he kept his hand there. 

Oh, he was definitely a thigh guy for sure. 

I continued to scroll through my phone, chucking while looking at the photos Harry and I took a few weeks ago. They always made me smile, as well as the post-sex ones we took as a "joke." 

I knew it wasn't really a joke anymore but I liked it more than I thought I would. 

"That's me," he whispered, looking down at the picture presented on the phone. 

"Good morning... or afternoon, I thought you were still asleep," I looked up at him as he yawned, nodding his head, "I heard you laughing to yourself baby, what's so funny?" 

"Our photos together, they're so random," I showed him the rest of the image. It was a selfie where I was smiling and he scrunched his nose against my cheek. 

"There's so much more on my phone. Oh, my neck hurts," he groaned, taking his hand off of my thigh and putting it on the back of his neck. 

I lifted my head up off of his lap, immediately hissing because of the same soreness from staying in the same position for so long. 

"I know, my neck is sore too. I love you but we're never doing this overnight again..." I threw my head back on the throw pillow, relieved to feel something other than Harry's lap.