Chapter 15

Harry's P.O.V:

"Be here by 8:30 pm, alright?"

"Alright, Harry. I'll try my best not to be late." She says.

"As long as you come."

"I'll be coming two ways today then." My eyes widen.

"Bella!" I hear her sweet laugh from the other side of the phone.

"Okay, Harry. I'll leave you to it. Bye!" She stretches the last word.

"Bye, Bels." I stretch out, hanging up the phone as I put my hands on the counter.

It's 4:30 and I haven't started cooking yet.

I may have spent $200 on groceries just for today.

I had the groceries delivered to the apartment already, all the bags were placed on the counter.

I start on the first bag, taking out some vegetables and butter. I go through every bag, ending up with brown bags all over the floor and a pile of groceries on the island counter.

To get this done, I have to organize everything first. I put all the vegetables in the corner and then all the dairy products on the right. I put all the miscellaneous items in the middle, separating them from what needs to stay in the fridge.

I put all the groceries that needed to be refrigerated in the fridge, clearing the counter. I was planning to make a three-course meal.

I plan to make bruschetta for the appetizer, steak and mashed potatoes with greens for the main course, and cheesecake for dessert.

"Alexa, shuffle my "Isabella" playlist." I call out, hearing the music fade into the room.

Yesterday, I spent all night making a playlist for Bella. It has some of her favorite songs and songs that personally remind me of her. I really hope she likes it. I used the picture I took of her that night as the cover and put all the songs in an oddly specific order, changing it up until I liked it. I didn't get any sleep, brewing cups of coffee to hear how the approximately two-hour-long playlist sounded with all the songs in order.

Knee Socks by Arctic Monkeys starts playing, making me smile. I had complied songs from multiple artists, some of them being love songs...

I knew they were love songs as I added them one by one on the laptop, but they describe how I feel about her. If I can't get myself to say it, maybe music can.

The steak will take the longest to make, so I get a sheet pan to season them. I open the top right cabinet, getting out the spices I'll need.

I sprinkle salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and seasoning salt on the cut of meat generously, patting it down and evenly distributing the powders.

I put the cuts of meat in the fridge while I get out the potatoes. I wash each of the vegetables, getting out the peeler to peel off the skin. I get a big pot out, filling it with water and putting it on medium heat. After peeling all of the potatoes, I cut them in fourths, putting them into the now boiling water. I salt the water now, cleaning up the mess I made with the peels.

I bring myself back to the fridge, taking out the ingredients for the cheesecake. It will take the longest to make so I start on it now. I pull out my phone, checking the recipe I had saved at work yesterday.

I take a mixing bowl, opening the silver packets of cream cheese and putting four blocks inside the bowl. I pour in all the necessary ingredients, taking out the mixer and whipping all of the ingredients together into a creamy batter.