Chapter 4*

Bella's P.O.V:

After Harry dropped me off home, I had taken two Benadryl pills and went straight to bed. I was so exhausted that I didn't even bother wearing pajamas and ended up falling asleep naked.

Although the pills are supposed to make me drowsy, I couldn't fall asleep just yet. My mind kept pondering on what happened today. It was so... weird.

He thought of me as much as I was thinking about him.

It all happened so fast. When I look back at it, it's kind of embarrassing. We haven't even known each other for less than two weeks yet he's seen me in such a vulnerable state.

When I noticed that it was Harry, I was feeling all sorts of things. Embarrassment was the first one, I wanted this allergic reaction to kill me before I made a fool of myself in front of him any longer. He was wearing light blue scrubs and I realized that his eyes instantly softened when he noticed it was me.

One thing I've noticed about him is that he cares a lot. Plus, he's insanely attractive. The fact that he's a pediatric resident is adorable to me. You never see men taking up occupations like that but I think it's so hot.

I've only known him for a few days yet it feels like we've known each other for ages.

I told him to allow "fate" to decide whether we see each other again mostly because I'm scared. I'm scared to open up to someone again after no one listened to me when I most needed it.

That night I met Harry was one of the first days I decided to put myself out there after breaking up with Liam. We were in a toxic relationship for two years, I kept trying to leave but he would either find me or convince me to stay. He was abusive. He made me feel like shit everyday, from the way he would comment on my body to how he treated me in general. In those two years, my mental health had deteriorated and I had relapsed into disordered eating habits. I was at my lowest point for a while before I decided to try and make a change. I left him for good, moved out of my old apartment and now I have a way bigger apartment in the heart of Manhattan with my own studio. I worked on my mental health, I got a therapist and started to open up about my problems more, I'm still very closed off but I've made a lot of progress after those two years.

Sometimes I get mad at myself for wasting those years with him. I felt trapped in that relationship though but I used to think that he actually loved me.

I have work tomorrow so I close my eyes and the pills start kicking in, drifting me off to sleep.

-

I wake up at around 8:00 am to get ready for work. I freelance from home as a make-up artist so my schedule is pretty flexible. I pick up my robe, wrapping it around my shoulders as I walk to the kitchen from my bedroom. I open the fridge, taking out a bottle of cold brew and creamer. I make myself an iced coffee for breakfast, cleaning up the kitchen here and there. My next client arrives in a few hours, so I have to keep my house presentable at all times.

I put on a pair of black trousers and match it with a simple black crop top. I apply a bit of mascara and lip gloss for today, nothing much, since I have to do a bridal look for my first client today.

I've been doing my freelancing business for five years now. My parents have mixed feelings about it ever since I dropped out of college, but it makes me happy. I get to do something I love, making decent money from it as well. My schedule is also flexible and easy to work around, but it still bothers my mom that I don't have "an actual career."

My client texts me, telling me that she's ten minutes away so I walk into my makeup studio, wearing
my makeup brush belt and sterilizing all the products that I'll be using on her today.