Forty-five

Minhyun

I let out a huge yawn and I slithered even down the couch that is already so comfortable and I think that I will start treating the lobby of the broadcasting station as my home if I continue to stay here long enough and it would be my home for the next one year because my girlfriend is going to work as a DJ for the next one year and I am the boyfriend that no one cares an about.

I should have brought my homework here so I can do my homework since I have about 3 hours of free time to spare but I will just focus on staying awake today, she is ending work soon and I would get to see her face. She is working hard for her first job and she is all excited about it, I thought that she looked happy enough when she did a broadcast for the first time and she was all smiles when I went to pick her up, her smile never faltered once and I just know that being a DJ is her life and she can't ever change it for something else.

And I am the boyfriend who is going to inherit my father's company once I graduate, I don't like my father but he has a lot of money and I am his only son so that no one could take over his company but for me. I don't like office work, they are so mundane and all you do at work is to do the same things over and over again and you have to put a smile on your face even though you feel like shit and the person that you are talking to is the person that you dislike the most.

I can't believe that I am going to be a part of it very soon, and I can't wait to quit my job on my first day of work but I can't do that because I am going to be the CEO and no CEO quits on the first day of his work. I will just make headlines and get out of that as soon as possible so that I can be myself again.

"What are you doing, laying down here on the couches?" I immediately stood to the voice of the security guard and I just got caught for claiming the lobby as my second bedroom.

"I am so sorry, I will leave immediately." I quickly gathered my belongings but he throws me a blanket instead.

"You are here for a few hours, you are going to be very sleepy and the blanket is for you." He said to me. "Who are you waiting for?" He asked me.

"My girlfriend, she is working here as a DJ and I am here waiting for her to get off work," I told him.

"Your girlfriend, I listened to her show earlier. She has a very soothing voice, you are very lucky to have her as your girlfriend and she is very lucky to have you as her boyfriend as well." He said to me as he gets drinks for me, am I being treated as a VIP just because Bae Yeongwon works here as a DJ?

"Why is that so?" I asked her not wanting to take the drink. "I don't need to have a drink, I have my drinks."

"Drink it, since you are going to be here for a while. I don't see many people like you these days, I don't even see anyone's spouses waiting for them to get off work and you are the first one to do that." He said to me. "You two have been dating for a very long time?"

I shook my head. "We just got together last month, we were classmates and we sat next to one another," I told him.

"You better learn to be more possessive of your girlfriend, a lot of people are going to get interested in her if she continues to do this show for quite some time and there are going to be a lot of good and bad things that are either going to make or break your relationship." He said to me but I just think that he is thinking too much of it.

Bae Yeongwon only has eyes for me and she isn't the type to spend time with someone else other than me and her family, most importantly she doesn't think that she has the potential to be likeable by anyone. She has been bullied her entire life ever since people around her learned the word ugly and they used it on her all the time when she is not ugly at all.

She is an angel and she doesn't know that she thinks that no one will ever want to look at her because of her different coloured eyes but I was the first one to ever stare at her and not say anything hurtful to her, it is unique having two different coloured eyes and it makes her unique.

"As long as she is happy, I wouldn't mind. And she is busy living her dream, it is a thing that she didn't know that she had it in her and now she is loving with every second of her life." I said to the security guard and he just patted me on the shoulder, wishing me good luck with my relationship and he allowed me to keep the blanket and I would only return it to him when it is the last day of the radio broadcast.

"You look like a B-grade superhero with that blanket tied around your neck, where did you get it from?" Yeongwon asked me when she got out of work.

"From the guardian of this entire building, does it look so nice on me?" I said to her and I handed her a cup of hot chocolate. "Drink it when you get home, I know that you are tired but get some rest and think of me." She is going to be the best radio DJ that I know and I am going to be her superhero who rides on a bicycle.