Chapter One

"Caleb!"

I sat up. Tobias right beside me. I knew Caleb was dead. He died protecting me. We saw his body a day after he died. I started to cry.

"It's okay Tris" Tobias said as he wrapped his arms around me.

We sat in silence on our cots in the hotel we were assigned when we first go here. Cara, Will's sister, had killed herself after Caleb died because she couldn't handle any part of life anymore. Christina was locked in a cell this morning because she threatened to kill herself.

"You okay?" Tobias said.

"Everything happened so fast." I said

He still had his arms wrapped around me. After a few minutes, I fell asleep on his shoulder. I woke to the sound of a door slamming. Peter.

"You two are disgusting." Peter said as he walked out of the room.

"You hungry?" Tobias asked.

"Yea a little." I said

Tobias walked out of the room. I sat there with my head resting against the wall. Peter burst through the door with a gun in his hand.

"This is for all the times I couldn't kill you. Four isn't here to save you now is he?" Peter lifted the gun and shot me in the leg and ran out of the room.

I screamed out in pain. My leg was bleeding everywhere. I rolled onto the floor and tried to get to the door. Just as I started to crawl along the floor, Tobias came in with some muffins. He dropped the muffins and rushed over to me.

"What happened?" Tobias said with some worry in his voice.

"Peter. Shot. Me." I said, hardly being able to breathe.

"We are taking you to the hospital." Tobias lifted me and rushed out of the room.

"I'm fine. Really." I said

"No. You're not. You are bleeding everywhere and you an barely breathe." Tobias was walking faster now.

Every thing I saw was a blur and talking turned to mumbling. Last thing I knew, Tobias was crying yelling something I couldn't hear.