Chapter Fifty Five

I forgot why I was upset. I pulled away from Tobias gently.

"You should get some rest Tris." Tobias said

I nodded. We walked into our bedroom. I laid down on the bed and fell asleep.

***************
I went into Natalie's room. She was sleeping in her bed. She was quiet. So quiet, you couldn't hear her breaths. I walked over to her and placed my hand on her back. It was warm and wet. I pulled my hand away. It was coated in blood. I backed away. My breaths became heavy.

*****************
I bolted up in bed. Tobias was still sleeping. I got out of bed. It was 4:30 in the morning. I went into the bathroom and fixed my hair. I pulled it into a ponytail. I grabbed my jacket and wrote Tobias a quick note.

Went into the compound early. Who's the slow one now ;)

I left the note on the bathroom counter. I went to the compound.

Tobias' POV
I woke up early. Tris wasn't there. I got worried. I went into the bathroom. There was a note on the counter.

Went into the compound early. Who's the slow one now ;)

I laughed. I got ready and then left for the compound. I headed to the dining hall.

We walked to the dining hall.

Tris' POV
I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a wooden spoon. I walked to the initiate dorm. I banged the spoon on the railing. They all jumped. Just like a few years ago.

"Come on pansycakes. Get up. Get breakfast and be in the training room in 30 minutes." I said

I went to the dining hall. I found Zeke. Uriah and Natalie were sitting together. I sat next to Natalie.

"Hi mom. Where's dad?" Natalie asked

"He's coming. How was your sleepover?" I asked

"Good." Natalie said

Then Tobias sat next to me.

"Thanks for the note." Tobias said laughing

We ate the rest of breakfast in silence. After breakfast we went to the training room. The initiates were slowly coming in. I wrote the list of today's fights on the board. We had 9 so one of them won't be fighting.

1-Maddie vs. Max
2-Chelsea vs. Sam
3-Christina vs. Riley
4-Ian vs. Marc

The initiates came in and stood around the ring.

"First fight! Maddie versus Max!" I yelled

Once all the fights were done, I stood in the ring.

"Be on the train by 8:15. Wear your vests." I said

"What are we doing?" Someone asked

"You'll find out if you get on the train." I said

The initiates left the training room to get ready. I sat in the ring. Zeke ran in and sat next to me.

"You okay?" Zeke asked

"Yeah. Why?" I said

"I won't tell you myself. That's not my business but I can show you." Zeke said