Chapter Fourty One

I woke in the infirmary. Tobias was sitting by me. Zeke and Shauna were sitting at the edge of my bed. I looked over at Tobias. His eyes were bloodshot. I wonder when was the last time he actually slept. Tobias looked at me. He smiled. There was a chalkboard on the bed. Zeke looked over at me. Shauna finally broke the silence.

"Hello Tris." Shauna said

Then Caleb walked into the infirmary. My breathing quickened. My face became hot. Tobias put his hand on mine. My breathing slowed and my face cooled down.

"What are you doing here?" Tobias asked harshly

"Checking on-" Caleb said

"You don't need to check on her anymore. Leave before I kill you." Zeke said

"I'm not leaving." Caleb said

I looked at Tobias

"Then we will make you leave." Tobias said

Zeke and Tobias grabbed Caleb's arms and dragged him out of the infirmary.

"Don't tell Zeke ok?" Shauna said

I shook my head. Then I picked up the chalkboard.

"I'm pregnant." Shauna whispered

Congratulations!

Tobias and Zeke came in. I quickly erased the board. Tobias sat down. Tobias put his hand on the bed. I put my hand on his. Then a nurse came over. I recognized her as Jen. She unhooked me from the monitors.

"You can go now." Jen said

Tobias helped me off the bed. We walked to our apartment.

"I'm going to get something to eat." Tobias said

I'll be okay

Tobias smiled, then left. I went into the bathroom and found a test. I took it. Positive. I smiled. I hid the box in the bottom of the garbage can. Tobias came back into the room. He didnt have anything in his hand. I wasn't hungry anyways. He started laughing.

"Come here." Tobias said

I followed him to the Pit. Zeke had his arms wrapped around Shauna. I knew exactly what happened. When they finally let go, Tobias jumped down.

"Why are you so happy all of a sudden?" Tobias asked laughing

I looked at Shauna. She nodded.

"English please." Tobias said

Shauna and I laughed.

"You know don't you?" Tobias asked me, laughing

I nodded.

"I am a father." Zeke finally said

We all smiled. Shauna looked at me.

"Do you mind if I talk to Tris for a moment?" Shauna asked

"But-" Zeke said

"I'll be fine." Shauna said

Tobias and Zeke walked away. I smiled at Shauna. I put my hands on my stomach. Shauna smiled. My hands started to shake.

"The sooner the better." Shauna said

I smiled. We walked side by side. We found Zeke and Tobias fighting in the training room. Zeke had yellow paint in his hair. Shauna laughed at them.

'I will be right back' I lipped to Shauna

She nodded. I went into the Pit. I ripped the neck brace off. I let it fall to the ground. A tear rolled down my cheek. I ran away from the Pit. I ran toward our old house. I went inside. It was cleaner than I remembered. I went into Christina's old room. I cleaned it out. Throwing away anything she had. I moved the crib back. Then the door opened.

"Tris." Shauna called

She closed the door behind her. I walked downstairs. She pulled me into a hug.

"We were looking for you!" Shauna said "Tobias found the neck brace and he lost it. Come on."

We ran out of the house. When we got to the compound, Zeke came up to me.

"Thank God! You're okay!" Zeke said

We walked together to the Pit. My brace wasn't there anymore. Tobias. I ran to the training room. Tobias was sitting on the edge of the fighting platform.

"Tobias!" I called, my voice was hoarse

"Tris! Thank God you're okay! Do you know how-" Tobias said

"You don't understand do you? You don't understand what I've been going through. You don't understand anything anymore!" I yelled

"THEN EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT I DON'T UNDERSTAND!" Tobias yelled

I couldn't take it anymore. I ran out of the training room. Zeke called after me but I ignored him.

"What did you do?" Zeke yelled

Shauna ran after me.

"Tris wait!" Shauna called

I stopped and turned toward her. A tear rolled down me cheek. I sat on the ledge of the Pit. Shauna sat next to me.

"I told Zeke what was going. With you know." Shauna said

I heard footsteps. I heard my name. I got up and ran. I ran out of Dauntless.

"Tris!" Tobias called

"Stay away from me!" I yelled

I ran toward Abnegation. I knocked on Evelyn's door. She opened the door and let me in.

"What brings you here?" Evelyn asked

I put my hands over my stomach and smiled. Evelyn came over to me.

"Oh! Does Tobias know?" Evelyn said

She looked around.

"Where is Tobias?" Evelyn asked

"I tried to explain to him and he yelled at me like Marcus yelled at him. I couldn't take it anymore so I came here." I said

"Explain what?" Evelyn said