Chapter Sixty One

Hey guys! I'm back. The end of this book is near! Sorry.
--------------------------------------------
We ran back to our house. Natalie was laughing as she hung from the ceiling hanging light. I grabbed her and pulled her off. She ran upstairs. Tobias came up behind me and snuck his arms around my waist.

"I haven't seen you this happy ever."

"It's all perfect now. No threats. It's just normal." I said smiling

"I love you Beatrice Prior."

"I love you too Tobias Eaton."

3 months later
I woke to Natalie jumping on my bed. I pulled her down and she laid next to me.

"Did daddy put you up to this?" I asked

"For a whole chocolate cake." She smiled

I got up quietly.

"Tell daddy you couldn't wake me up. Say it and fake cry." I whispered

I laid back in bed and slowed my breathing. I pretended to be dead. I had been planning this with the infirmary nurses for a month.

Tobias POV
I saw Natalie come out of my bedroom. Her face was tear stained.

"Daddy, she won't wake up." Natalie said as she cried

My eyes widened. I rushed up to my bedroom. I saw Tris in the same position she was went she fell asleep last night. I picked her limp body up and ran out of the house. Natalie trailed behind me. I ran past the Pit where I picked up two new followers. Zeke and Shauna.

"What happened?" Zeke asked as he ran beside me

"I sent Natalie upstairs to wake Tris and Natalie came down crying saying that she couldn't wake Tris up." I said trying not to cry

When we got to the infirmary, I gave Tris to a nurse and sat down. Natalie sat in my lap. She buried her head in my shirt.

"Please tell me mama's gonna be okay." She whispered

"She's strong just like you Natalie." I whispered back

Tris POV
When the nurse set me on the bed, I opened my eyes.

"He's gonna hate you."

"It's pay back."

Two months ago, Tobias played a prank on me saying that Natalie jumped into the chasm. It was a cruel prank so I'm playing it fair.

"I'll get Zeke." She said smiling

She walked out. I could hear everything she was saying.

"Tris is awake but is fading and she wants to see Zeke and Natalie."

She came back in with Zeke and Natalie. Natalie jumped on the bed.

"He's gonna kill you mama."

I laughed.

"What is going on here?" Zeke asked

"You can't say anything. Got it?" I whispered

"Spill. Your husband is out there crying his eyes out." Zeke whispered back

"Remember when he pranked me last month saying Natalie jumped? Well this is payback. The nurse will give me a paralytic in a minute. She will wheel my bed out to the Pit and have a memorial. All of Dauntless is in on it."

The nurse came back with a syringe.

"You have to fake cry like I really just died. I'll be out for about 30 minutes." I whispered

I laid back on the bed. She injected me. My eyelids closed.

Natalie POV
After the nurse injected mama, I started screaming. The heart monitor went off.

"NO! MAMA!" I yelled

Zeke picked me up and carried me out to the waiting room. I let my fake tears fall. I kept screaming for her. Daddy came over and took me out of Zeke's arms and held me close to his chest.

"She's dead daddy." I whimpered

I felt a tear drop on my head. He was crying.

"They are having a memorial in 20 minutes." Zeke said

Dad pulled me away from his chest. Zeke led us to the Pit. We stood in the middle. The dauntless were crowded on the ledges above the Pit. They wheeled mama's bed in front of us. They pulled the sheet back. Everyone gasped. I saw her eyes move a little. I smiled and laughed. Zeke slapped my arm.

"Natalie." Daddy hissed

"Dad, touch her."

"She's dead Natalie. She's not coming back." Dad hissed

"Here, lift me up. I'll do it."

"Natalie, if you don't stop."

"Mama." I said

Tris POV
I heard Natalie bugging Tobias. I felt feeling in my fingers and toes and it slowly spread to the rest of my body. I moved my eyes around without opening them so Natalie would know the serum had worn off.  I sat up. The dauntless were gone. Zeke, Tobias and Natalie were the only ones left.  I looked at Tobias. He was in utter shock.

"Sweet sweet revenge." I said

I got off the bed.

"Who was in on this?" Tobias asked

"Only everyone in Dauntless but you." I said

Tobias leaned down to Natalie's level.

"Did mommy put you up to this?"

"Payback sucks doesn't it?" Natalie said with an evil grin on her face

I ran to the ledge and jumped up into it. Tobias was close behind me. He tackled me 10 into the training room. He leaned down and kissed me. I laughed and he pulled back.

"This is why I love you." He whispered. "But never do that again."

We both laughed. Zeke cleared his throat.

"Occupied." I said

Tobias got up and helped me up. We walked back to our house. I helped Natalie pack. We were dropping her off and Shauna and Zeke's house for the night. Tobias said that someone was having a party. We dropped Natalie off and walked to Hector's apartment.