Chapter Twenty Four

Zeke managed to get into our house to get some clothes for me. I knew Tobias would be angry but I didn't care.

"I'll be back. I'm just gonna take a walk." I said

I went down to the Pit and then took off running to Abnegation. I knocked on Evelyn's door. She didn't answer. She was probably still at the meeting. I let myself into her house. Tobias wasn't there. Good. I sat on the couch. A few minutes later, Evelyn came home.

"You alright?" Evelyn asked

"Not really." I said

"I'll get you some tea."

"Thank you."

Evelyn came out of the kitchen with a mug with tea. I accepted it.

"He doesn't get what I'm going through right now Evelyn." I said

"Guys don't seem to understand us girls."

"I should head back,"

"Tris. You need your space. Stay here for the night."

"Okay."

"Go to bed. You look exhausted."

"Thank you Evelyn."

I went upstairs to Evelyn's room. I didn't even bother undressing or undoing my hair. I just fell onto the bed and fell asleep.

When I woke, the sun was streaming through the windows. I walked downstairs. When I got down there, I saw the person I least expected. Peter.

"Oh look. She's become a Stiff again. Prefer living with your husband's mother now?" Peter said

I learched forward and grabbed him by the collar. I slammed him against the wall.

"No. But I won't mind killing you." I said

Evelyn put her hand on my shoulder and I released him.

"Have you made your decision?" Evelyn asked

"I will go back." I said

"Where's Four when you need him? Dead?" Peter said

"Shut your mouth Peter. You're just as bad as the Candor." I said walking out of the house

I walked back to Dauntless. I found Zeke and Tobias in the cafeteria. They didn't seem to notice me. I hadn't realized I changed back into my Dauntless uniform. I sat next to Tobias. His eyes were bloodshot.

"Look." Zeke said elbowing Tobias in the rib

I laced my fingers with his and began to eat. He looked up at me. Tobias' eyes lit up. We ate the rest of our breakfast in silence. After breakfast, we headed to the training room where all the initiates were gathered around the fighting platform. Lauren was standing on the platform.

"Tris! Over here!" Lauren said

Tobias and I looked at each other. He nodded and smiled. I jogged to the platform. I stood next to Lauren.

"Tris, here, is going to demonstrate to you pansycakes, what you should do if someone attacks you." Lauren said

I looked at her. Just then someone came running up behind me. The person jumped on me. I elbowed the person in the stomach. Then I punched the person. The person fell of me. Zeke. I laughed. I helped him up.

"Pansycake." I said

"Whatever." Zeke said

"Hope you watched carefully." Lauren said

I walked over to Tobias. He laughed.

"What?" I said

"Zeke's a pansycake." Tobias said

"He is. Attacking a woman from behind is very un-gentelman like." I said fancily

Tobias laughed. We watched the initiates go through their fear landscapes. After that, we walked home. It was 5 pm. We went up to our room. I took off my jacket. Tobias came over to me.

"I've never seen you smile so much." I said as Tobias wrapped his arms around me

"Maybe I'm just happy to see you." he said

I turned around and wrapped my arms around him. I fitted my lips to his. He kissed me harder. I pulled back. Tobias looked at me.

"I love you Tobias." I said

"I love you too Tris."

I climbed into bed. Tobias wrapped his arms around me as I fell asleep.