Chapter Twenty Two

I walked up the stairs with Evelyn by my side.

"You can stay in my bedroom. I don't sleep much and when I do I sleep downstairs." Evelyn said

Evelyn lead me into her bedroom. She grabbed me some Abnegation clothes. I took them from her.

"I'm sorry I couldn't give you much else." Evelyn said

"It's okay Evelyn. This is just fine." I said

Evelyn smiled. She went downstairs. I went into her bathroom and changed. I started on my hair. It was hard without a mirror. I pulled my hair into an Abnegation bun. Then I went downstairs by Evelyn.

"Why did you leave the last time we met?" Evelyn asked

"I just couldn't handle it anymore. I would've come back in but," I said

"But what?"

"What are you working on?" I said trying to change the subject.

Before she could answer, there was a knock at the door. I looked at her. She nodded. I went upstairs and hid. I heard Evelyn open the door. I quietly walked to Evelyn's bathroom and hid my Dauntless clothes. Then I heard it.

"Tobias. What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be home with Tris?" Evelyn said, covering for me

"Tris wasn't home. She left this on the mirror in our bathroom and a broken window suggests she jumped out of the house." Tobias said

"Oh my. She left this on your mirror? Why did you come here to me?"

"I thought you might know where she is."

"I don't know where she is now. She was here earlier. She left about ten minutes ago. She didn't tell me where she was going though."

"Thank you Evelyn."

I heard the front door close. Evelyn came walking up the stairs.I came out of my hiding place.

"I sent him away but he won't be gone for long." Evelyn said

"Thank you Evelyn." I said

"But I recommend you run to Amity. He is smart enough to figure it out."

I went to get my Dauntless clothes. I changed back. I left my hair in the bun. I hugged Evelyn before I left. Then I took off running. I ran until I got to Amity. Jonanna seemed happy to see me.

"Tris. We meet again." Jonanna said

"Jonanna, if you want peace, I would recommend letting me stay here in hiding. I will explain later." I said

Jonanna led me to a room deep in the compound. She got me some clothes to change into and re-did my hair. When she finished, she started asking.

"Explain to me Tris." Johanna said

"I ran away from our house today. I left a note. Tobias is looking for me. I was just in Abnegation." I said

"Wait, you ran away? Why?"

"Jonanna please. Just let me stay here for a few nights. You stand for peace don't you? If Tobias comes here, tell him I am not here."

"Fine. We wil make it look like you were kidnapped. I will send Emily in here to keep you company."

"Thank you Jonanna."

Jonanna left the room. I sat on my bed. Well not my bed. A few minutes later, a tall, thin girl in a red dress came in the room. I stood up.

"Hello Tris. I am Emily." she said

"Hello Emily." I said

"You can sit. Jonanna told me everything so you have no need to explain." Emily said

Emily re-wrapped my arm in fresh bandages. She got me some clothes to sleep in. I fell asleep fast.