Chapter Nineteen

I woke up in the infirmary with Tobias sitting at my side. I tried to sit up. A shot of pain went through my chest. I screamed. Tobias pushed my gently back down. My chest hurt so bad. Tobias held my hand. A few Dauntless nurses came over. One of them was holding a syringe.

"What is it?" Tobias asked

"It's just numbing agent." The nurse said

"I'll do it." Tobias held his hand out

The nurse showed him where to inject it. A few seconds after he injected me, the pain subdued. I laid back down. Tobias held my hand.

"What happened?" I asked

"Mat found a gun and shot you in the Pit. We sent him to factionless this morning."

"Why would he do that?"

"He was mad at you for beating him. He thinks you're dead."

I stared at the ceiling. A nurse came to change my bandages.

"You have to be careful. You are still injured." the nurse said

Tobias helped me get out of the bed. We walked down to the training room. Lauren was at the punching bags. She turned around to greet us.

"How are you Tris?" Lauren asked

"Injured. Okay I guess." I said

Tobias put his hand around my back to steady me.

"Mat said that he wa glad you were dead. Just like," Lauren said

"Just like what?" Tobias said

"I'm not sure how you'll handle this."

"Tell us." Tobias said

"He said 'she is dead and I'm glad. Just like when I kill Christina. Four is next.'"

I couldn't take it anymore. Mat trying to kill Tobias and me. Christina trying to kill us. I couldn't hande this. I ran across the room. Tobias ran after me. I didn't really know where I was going. I ran into the section with the guns. I couldn't hear Tobias' footsteps anymore. I picked up The gun and held it to my head. I heard Tobias' footsteps coming toward me. When I turned around, Zeke, Lauren and Tobias were all standing there.

"Tris. Put the gun down." Zeke said

"Tobias."

"Tris don't do this." he inched closer to me

"I love you."

I ut my finger on the trigger. Then everything happened.