Chapter Fifty Four~5 years later

I woke to Tobias shaking me. I got up and got ready. Today was the day I would take Natalie to training with the initiates. She is 5 and she is already really strong. Once I was ready, I went to get Natalie. I walked into her room. She wasn't there. I walked downstairs. Her and Tobias were standing by the door.

"You take too long mom." Natalie said

I laughed. We all walked to the dining hall. Shauna's boy, Uriah was sitting in between Shauna and Zeke. We sat next to them.

"Hi Natalie." Uriah said

"Hi Uriah." Natalie said

We ate in silence. After we ate, Tobias, Natalie and I went to the training room. The initiates were standing around in the training room. I was in charge of the transfers this year.

"HEY PANSYCAKES!" Natalie yelled

They all jumped.

"I see. All of you are scared of a five year old." I said

"I am not scared of a five year old." a boy said

"What's your name?" I asked

"Max." he said

"Well, Max, if you want to survive, shut your mouth and keep it shut." I said

"Today we are going to see some simple fighting techniques." Tobias said "Natalie."

Natalie stepped up by Tobias. She was 4' 3" already. She was tough and didn't let anything get to her.

"Your gonna make us fight her?" Max said

"Shut it Candor." I yelled

"Yes. You will be fighting her because she is stronger right now than all of you combined." Tobias said

"I'll beat her!" Max yelled

"Get up here Candor!" I yelled

Tobias stood off to the side. Max came up and stood in the platform.

"You are gonna fight her. If you lose, we kick you out." I said

I walked over by Tobias. Natalie stood in the ring. She caught him off guard and punched him in the mouth. He stumbled back. He threw a punch but she dodged it. She twisted his arm behind his back and turned him around. She kicked him in the stomach. He doubled over. Natalie released his arm. He held his stomach. He stayed on the mats. I walked over to the edge of the ring.

"You done?" I asked harshly

"No." Max said

"Then get up!" I yelled

Max slowly got up. I walked back over to Tobias. Max stood up and tried to punch Natalie. She grabbed his fist. I smiled. Tobias leaned over to me.

"Just like her mother." Tobias whispered

Natalie twisted his arm, not releasing his fist. She kneed him hard in the stomach. She threw a hard punch to the face. He fell to the mat.

"Get him out of here!" I yelled harshly

Two initiates pulled him up and dragged him to the infirmary. I walked to the ring.

"I will not tolerate smart mouths. I would've joined Candor if I wanted to deal with it. Get out. Go eat. Be back here in 30 minutes." I said

The initiates left.

"I think I'm a good tool for teaching them mom." Natalie said

I smiled. We walked to the dining hall. We sat down next to Zeke and Shauna. Natalie sat by Zeke.

"Hey superstar." Zeke said

"Guess what I did today Zeke?" Natalie said

"What did you do?" Zeke asked

"I beat up Max. He thought he could beat me. He's a Candor Jerk." Natalie said

We all started laughing. We talked and laughed for 20 minutes. Then we went down to the training room. Some initiates were starting to come in. After 10 minutes, all the initiates were in the training room. Natalie and I stepped into the ring.

"We will work on shooting and throwing. Tomorrow we start fights." I said

I handed Natalie a gun with plastic pellets. She stood in front of the target.

"Watch Natalie carefully." I said

Natalie took her stance and fired. She hit bulls eye like she always had. I turned to the initiates and handed them real guns. They stood in their places and practiced. I was watching the, when a boy grabbed a gun a tried to fire it. It wasn't loaded. I realized who it was. Max. I grabbed him by the collar and shoved him.

"What do you think you're doing here?" I said harshly

"I'm training." Max said

"Alright." I said

The initiates went back to training. I walked out of the training room. Tobias grabbed my arm.

"This isn't you."Tobias said

I put my hand on my forehead.

"You can do this. Get back in there." Tobias said

I nodded. I walked back. Everyone had hit the target at least once. We went to knife throwing.

"You want us to throw knives?" a girl asked

"What's your name?" I asked

"Maddie." she said

"Well, Maddie, if you have a problem, you can leave." I said "Like I said earlier, I'm not putting up with smart mouth Candor."

After training was done, the initiates went to the dorms. I sat on the edge of the ring. Natalie had gone home with Zeke and Shauna. Tobias came over to me.

"I'm becoming Eric." I said

"No you're not. They are just extremely stubborn." Tobias said

"Is Natalie okay?" I asked

"Yea. She's staying at Zeke's house tonight." Tobias said

We walked to our house. I walked up to our bathroom. I pulled my hair down. I took my jacket off. I leaned on the counter. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I opened my eyes. I am turning into Eric. I'm becoming ruthless and cruel. Tobias came into the bedroom and hung his jacket on the rack. HE took mine and hung it next to his. He came into the bathroom.

"You okay?" Tobias asked

"I don't know what's happening to me anymore." I said "I don't know who I am anymore."

"Tris, we've been married 10 years. I would know if you were different. You are not different from 10 seconds ago, 10 minutes ago, 10 hours ago. You are only stronger." Tobias said

He pulled me into a hug. An idea popped into my head. I smirked.