Chapter Forty Seven

"Looking." he said

"Put your hands up or I will shoot you." I said

He raised his hands.

"This is the part where I kidnap you." he said

Jack knocked the gun out of my hands. He dragged me out of the house with his hand over my mouth. Next thing I knew, we were in Candor headquarters. I was tied to a chair that was bolted to the floor. There was a choke in my mouth. Jack and Jeanine walked into the room. Wait? Jeanine is dead.

"What a pleasant surprise Beatrice." Jeanine said

Someone took the choke out of my mouth. Caleb.

"Why am I here?" I said

"We need something from Dauntless and the only way we can get it is by using you." Jeanine said

"You will never trick Four into doing anything." I said

"We have our ways." Jeanine said

Then two former Dauntless came in and untied me. They had a tight grip on my arms. They led me to a cell. They threw me in there. I hit the floor hard. I winced. They closed and locked the door. After about 20 minutes, a scientist came in and injected me with something. She put me on the bed and left the cell. I fell asleep.

********
I woke up in an experiment room. I was on a metal table. The table was cold. Jeanine walked into the room. I couldn't move. I could hardly open my eyes. I heard banging and screaming. I heard my name. I recognized the voice. Tobias. No. This can't be happening. My body was tied to the table. Pointless really. I couldn't move anyways. They let Tobias in the room.

"What did you do to her?" Tobias yelled

Former Dauntless guarded Jeanine and Tobias.

"I killed her." Jeanine said coldly

I am not dead Tobias! It's a trap! Of course he couldn't hear me. I couldn't even move my eyes. Tobias lunged at Jeanine. The guards held him back. Jeanine ordered them to take him out of the room. Once he was far enough away, Jeanine came over to me.

"I told you I have my ways Tris. Only one stage left." Jeanine said

She injected me with another serum. I fell asleep again.

Tobias' POV
I was sitting on the ledge in the Pit. Tris was dead. Tears ran down my cheeks. Zeke came over to me. He sat down beside me.

"Did you find her?" Zeke asked

I nodded.

"Where is she?" Zeke said

"Jeanine is alive. She killed Tris." I said

"I'll make sure she's dead this time." Zeke said

"She's been missing for a month and I finally find her to see she's dead."

Tris's POV
I woke in my cell. There was a security monitor in my cell. I saw Tobias sitting in an apartment. Our apartment.

"She's dead. I can't believe Jeanine would do this." Tobias said

"She's been missing for 2 months. There is a chance that she is still alive." Zeke said

"SHES DEAD I SAW HER MYSELF!" Tobias yelled

"If Jeanine really wants whatever see wants from you, would she kill Tris? No because that's stupid. Then there is no chance you'll do what she wants." Zeke said

"I saw her myself Zeke. She is dead."

"Paralytic serum. Paralyzes her so she can't move or say anything." Zeke said

Tobias stood up.

"She would also be keeping her somewhere hidden. Like a cell near her office." Zeke said

"We have an Erudite initiate. We can use him to show us to her lab." Zeke said

"Let's go." Tobias said

I sighed a sigh of relief. I was going to be back in Tobias' arms. Then I turned down the volume. Jeanine came over to my cell.

"Tobias is coming to strike a deal with us. Get ready." Jeanine said

"Illogical." I said

"Excuse me?" Jeanine said

"It's illogical. Tobias will know you know he's coming. It's better if you just stay back until he comes." I said

"I don't take orders from you." Jeanine said

"Fine don't listen to the divergent that is smarter than you."

Jeanine pulled me out of my cell. I heard Tobias in the lobby yelling at the Erudite. Jeanine cut my arm and smeared blood all over me. She had two guards drag me into the lobby.

"Hello Tobias." Jeanine hissed

I was losing blood fast. I became weak. I fell to the ground.

"Give her to me. Now." Tobias said

"Not until I get what I want." Jeanine hissed

"GO OUTSIDE I JUST CLEANED THIS FLOOR!" a woman yelled

The guards dragged me outside. I recognized one of them as Caleb. We walked onto the bridge. The guards tightened their grips on me. Caleb tightened his grip a little but not a lot.

"What do you want with Dauntless?" Tobias asked

"We want you to combine forces with us." Jeanine said

Tobias caught my eye. Don't do it, I lipped.

"No." Tobias said

"Well then Tris dies." Jeanine said

Caleb pulled out a gun. He pressed it lightly to my head. I caught his eye. He had the I'm-going-to-get-you-out look. Tobias tensed when he saw the gun but relaxed when he saw Caleb's look.

"No." Tobias repeated "I am not going to willingly or forcibly give up my faction to you."

Caleb dropped the gun and threw me over the edge of the bridge. Tobias and Zeke jumped in after me. I heard gunshots. I let the water clean the blood off of me. The water turned red. The gash in my arm was still bleeding. I heard Jeanine and her guards walked back to Erudite. I resurfaced. I gasped for air and went back under. I felt Tobias' arms wrap around me and pull me out of the water. He looked at my arm. It was pouring out blood. I could hardly keep my eyes open.

"Tris." Tobias whispered

I regained my strength and stood up. I grabbed the gun off the bridge. I saw someone holding an Erudite at gunpoint in front of the building. It was Caleb. I dropped the gun and ran to him.

"Caleb!" I cried

When I got to him, the guard shot him in the head. Caleb crumpled to the ground. I stopped dead in my tracks.