Chapter Forty Six

I woke in our apartment. I didn't feel well today. I got up out of bed. I walked to the bathroom. I pulled my hair into a ponytail. I walked to the infirmary. Tobias was standing behind Zeke. Shauna was in the infirmary again. She had her baby boy a few days ago. She was already looking better. I walked over to Tobias. He put his hand on my shoulder. Zeke was holding his son.

"Morning." I said

"Morning." Tobias said "How are you feeling?"

"Like crap." I said

I smiled. I laid my head on Tobias' shoulder. A nurse came over to Shauna. Shauna woke up. The nurse un hooked her from the machines.

"You can go home. Get some rest." the nurse said

Shauna and Zeke had a house built next to ours. Tobias and I helped Shauna off the bed. Zeke handed Shauna the baby. They walked home.

"I'll be right back." I said

"Be careful." Tobias said, kissing my forehead

I walked back to our apartment. A shot of pain went through my abdomen. Another shot of pain. I sat down in a chair. Another shot of pain. I put my hand over my stomach. I clenched my teeth. Then there was a knock at the door.

"Come on!" I yelled

A Dauntless walked into my apartment. She was thin like I was. I recognized her. Mar. She became my friend when we re-established the factions.

"Four wants- oh my god. Here come on. I'll take you to the infirmary." Mar said

She helped me up from the chair. We walked to the infirmary.

"What did Four want?" I asked

"He wanted you to meet him in the training room but I'll tell him you're in the infirmary." Mar said

When we got to the infirmary, Mar called for a nurse. She explained the situaion to the nurse. The nurse helped me to a bed. She hooked me up to a few machines.

"I'm going to tell Four." Mar said, running out of the infirmary

"Tris, calm down. My name is Jen. Can you calm down?" the nurse said

I nodded. I clenched my teeth. Jen got a syringe out.

"What is it?" I asked

"It is just going to knock you out. It will help us get the baby out without hurting you." Jen explained

I nodded. I wasn't due for another 8 months.Another shot of pain went through my abdomen. I clenched my teeth harder. Jen injected me. My breathing slowed and my eyes got heavy. Tobias ran into the infirmary. My eyes closed.

***************
I woke up in the infirmary. Tobias was sitting next to me. My abdoment was flatter than before. A lot flatter. Tobias was mumbling something. He sounded angry. Tobias slammed his fist on the bed. I put my hand over his fist. He looked up at me. For a second I thought he was going to cry.

"It's okay." I said

"No. It's not Tris. Don't you even know what happened?" Tobias said

"No I don't know." I said

"We lost him." Tobias said, tears welling up in his eyes

I knew what he was talking about. I lost the baby. Tobias helped me sit up. The nurse came over and un-hooked me from the machines. I jumped off the bed. Tobias ran after me. I ran to the Pit. It was packed with people. I jumped down. The Dauntless cleared the way for me. A boy came up to me. Mat.

"Where's the baby?" Mat said

"Shut up!" I yelled

"Coward." Mat mumbled

I launched at him. I grabbed his collar and slammed him to the ground.

"Don't you ever call me a coward because I have been through a lot more than your puny brain could dream of." I hissed

"Sure coward." Mat said

I picked him up and slammed him to the ground again.

"Coward." Mat hissed

I slammed him into the ground once more. He winced when he hit the ground. He got up and grabbed my neck. He slammed me against the ground. His hold got tighter on my neck. Black spots danced in my vision. I couldn't breathe. I clawed at his arms. My eyes got heavy. I struggled to keep them open. Then multiple people rushed over and pulled him off of me. I gasped. Someone came over to me. I closed my eyes and sighed a sigh of relief.

"Get her other arm." Tobias said

"No." I said, my voice was hoarse "I'm fine."

I got up and walked to our house. When I got home, the door was open. I pulled a gun out from my waistband. I turned the safety off. I walked in slowly. I heard drawers being opened. Someone or something was looking for something. I walked upstairs. I went into my bedroom. There he was.

"What do you think you're doing?" I said