Chapter Three

I became limp very fast. Tobias picked me up in his arms and ran for the front door.

"Hey!" a voice called out.

Tobias ran faster. He sprinted out the door. when we got outside, Amar was standing next to his truck. Tobias opened a door and threw me inside. I scooted over and let Tobias get in.

"What is going on?" I asked

"David told Matthew he was gonna kill you." Amar explained

"Why does he want to kill me?"

"He can't control you anymore. You are too strong for him. We are going back to Chicago."

Chicago. Not there again. I didn't want to remember my families' death. I leaned against Tobias. We sat through the rest of the ride in silence.

"Come on Tris." Tobias had already jumped out of the truck and had his arms outstretched to help me out.

I scooted toward the door and let Tobias throw me onto his back. He ran to the fence and climbed over it with me still clinging to his back.

He ran towards Amity. I looked down to see my leg bleeding like crazy.

"Tobias." He stopped for a second and looked at my leg.

"Hold on Tris." Tobias started running again. "We are almost there."

We got to Johanna a few minutes later. She had me taken to the hospital. Once again, everything turned to a blur and conversations turned into mumbles.

I, once again, woke up in the hospital. Tobias still at my side. He had fallen asleep in the chair, his hand still on the bed. I touched his hand. He woke suddenly.

"Oh god. You're finally awake." Tobias said

"What do you mean 'finally'?" I asked

" You've been asleep for two days." He replied

A doctor came in and changed my bandages. The doctor unhooked me from all of my monitors and let me sit up.

"When are you gonna ever stop dying on me Tris?" Tobias said with a smile

Joking. As always. He lifted me up off the bed and carried me to a room with two beds.

"They are letting us stay tonight." Tobias said as he set me down on a bed

"And they decide our fate in the morning."

"Actually, I was planning on leaving in the morning."

"Okay."

He pushed the other bed closer to mine. We fell asleep.