Chapter Two

I woke up in a hospital room. Tobias was pacing back and forth in front of the hospital bed.

"Tobias." I croaked. He rushed over to my side.

"You okay?" Tobias said.

"Yea. What happened?"

"Peter shot you in the leg and you almost bled to death."

"I saw you shouting something before they took me from you. What were you saying"

"Don't worry about it." Tobias took my hand. "I'll get you out of here." He stood up and left the room.

He came back minutes later with a doctor. I was about to object, saying that I was fine, until the doctor came over to unhook me from all the monitors.

"Just watch her. Don't let him near her." the doctor said and then left the room.

Tobias took a roll of bandages and wrapped up my leg. Then he put my arm over his shoulder and helped me walk to the hotel. When we got to the room, Christina was sitting on the edge of my cot cleaning up the blood on the floor.

"Hi Chris." I said as Tobias set me down on his cot.

"Hi." Christina said.

"Tris, I'm gonna go get muffins. Are you okay here with her?" Tobias asked

"Yea." I said

Christina kept scrubbing until the blood wouldn't come out. She eventually just moved my cot closer to Tobias' and changed my sheets.

"You okay Chris?" I asked

"No, I'm not. Every piece of Will I hung onto is gone. I..." Her voice trailed off. She walked out of the room.

Tobias came in minutes later with two muffins in hand. He handed one to me and ate the other one. We sat together on his cot. He put his arm around me. We sat in silence for a while and then he went to get new bandages.

When he came back, he re-wrapped my leg. This time he wrapped my leg in the whole roll of bandages. A few minutes after he finished wrapping my leg, Matthew came bursting through the door.

"You. Have. To. Leave. Now." Matthew said trying to catch his breath.

"Extra bandages?" Tobias asked

Matthew held up five rolls of bandages. Tobias took them and neatly fitted them into his belt loops. He helped me up and hurried out the door.